• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy pro question

parkersdad

I have a set of muddy pros that I have verified are not the recall version. However the tree brackets will not stay tight. Every time I tighten them and put them on a tree they are so loose they just flop around. I called muddy and they were very responsive. A manager got on the phone and told me they are supposed to have Loctite on them and they may have missed a batch. Do your muddy pros have Loctite on them and if so which kind. There is a less aggressive and there is the stuff that you can’t get anything to move when you put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I haven’t experienced this issue, it’s the bracket that is loose? I can send a pic of mine. Mine are always tight and bite well. They can only turn so far before the hit the ear to the post, the bracket should not be able to spin that far. Second in order to bite the rope should be tight around the tree, thru the harken and then hitched on the other end.

i just got mine in the other day. the standoffs were separate and I had to put them on. I do know you want them to be able to move slightly with force so they conform to the tree but not so loose they move on their own. Loctite would probably work but make sure you use the blue and not the red otherwise youll need a torch to get the bolts back out. I need to see if mine are on the recall list...is there a list of serial numbers on muddys website?

I just got mine and mine are sung and only move till they hit the side of the bracket. I had to put them together. As far as loctite try the blue.

Last edited:
There is a plastic washer between the post and bracket which allows you to tighten it up.
Trying to post pics

pics. black washer (plastic between parts)

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 47
That may be the problem I will look when I get home. Thank you for the replies

That looks to be how mine are put together. Here are photos of what I have and how I put them together
a2b72fb811c9274cc24fe81d0c45750e.jpg
93eb9dd5b3da9a05276bb1e8bd20dc8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back