• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My intro into the saddle

Schemeecho

This is my first video so please be gentle. LOL........... Just a video of me in the saddle doing a short climb and rapple

That's a pretty neat looking one-stick you got there. Get yourself some Stealth Strips and a cam cleat and it'd be really cool...

After you remove your stick, instead of standing and leaning back away from the tree to undo your second wrap around your 8, try swinging down into the tree and squeeze it with your legs. That way you can take some of the weight off your rappel rope, that helps unsnapping the second wrap quite a bit...

Last edited:
That's a pretty neat looking one-stick you got there. Get yourself some Stealth Strips and a cam cleat and it'd be really sweet...

After you remove your stick, instead of standing and leaning back away from the tree to undo your second wrap around your 8, try swinging down into the tree and squeeze it with your legs. That way you can take some of the weight off your rappel rope, that helps unsnapping the second wrap quite a bit...
That's a good idea. I didn't even think about hugging the tree to take off some pressure. You like that stick? It's a modified Rivers Edge 3 step stick. All I did was cut the middle step out then weld it back together.

Attachments

• 81e-5GeMbhL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    81e-5GeMbhL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 20
That's a pretty neat looking one-stick you got there. Get yourself some Stealth Strips and a cam cleat and it'd be really sweet...

That's a good idea. I didn't even think about hugging the tree to take off some pressure. You like that stick? It's a modified Rivers Edge 3 step stick. All I did was cut the middle step out then weld it back together. I was thinking about adding a cam cleat

Back