• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My new sticks

VF_MIKE

I contacted DanO about a month ago to see if he would modify his current steps for me and make them lighter. He was hesitant as they are already slim and light but was open to it and asked for sketch of what I was thinking. From there it was game on.

After a month here it is. Just got them today and put one together.

One word..... AWESOME!!!!!

I had 4 made and have to give a hats off to DanO and his machinist.

I currently use 3 cut down and modified heliums that come in at 6.90 pounds. Three of these new ones are 2.7 lbs lighter than the 3 Heliums.

Now just need to put them all together and paint them up.

I will post pics of all of the once together and painted.

Thanks again DanO!!!!!
7452406e5c5c65f8eb5206d74bea7784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I contacted DanO about a month ago to see if he would modify his current steps for me and make them lighter. He was hesitant as they are already slim and light but was open to it and asked for sketch of what I was thinking. From there it was game on.

I currently use 3 cut down and modified heliums that come in at 6.90 pounds. Three of these new ones are 2.7 lbs lighter than the 3 Heliums.

Thanks again DanO!!!!!

What did he modify?

You have to ask my wife.

Post is 20". From top of step to top of step 17.5".The stick and steps are milled.

Just wondering... These are the standard 24"DanO sticks, but the steps aren't milled. 3 sticks less than 6lbs and 20'+, DanO is still the Mano

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191101-142352.png
    Screenshot_20191101-142352.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 208

Thanks again DanO!!!!!

What spacing are the drilled holes and what size drill bit did you use? 3/4" 3/8" ? Will be putting my stick together this evening when i get home now that I have my ultra light weight doublesteps and standoffs.

What spacing are the drilled holes and what size drill bit did you use? 3/4" 3/8" ? Will be putting my stick together this evening when i get home now that I have my ultra light weight doublesteps and standoffs.
That's a question for Dano. I paid to have them drilled out.

@DanO ^^^

Several DIY threads about drilling out sticks and most suggest 1" on center with 1/2" holes for 1/8" wall tubes. That's what I recommend. Leave extra space around the standoffs/steps and button holes. If you're brave enough to go to 1/16" wall tubes, space those holes out more.

Back