• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My weekend in Nantucket

sdonx

SH Member
Fished a great charity tournament this weekend. The giant bluefin tuna bite was hot to the east of Chatham. So rather than face the nasty seas south at the edge we fished east. We were heros the first day. Landed three tuna. Two giants and a small football. I was angler on the second tuna. Three and a half solid hours on the rod it took to get it to the boat. At the three hour mark I put the reel to full strike. 45pounds and the giant continued to pull line. It wasnt u till I palmed the spool did I get it close enough where we could touch the leader, and it would count for 450 points. We released the tuna which was 90-100” long full of life. As it goes second day we were zeros. We had 5 boats hook up around us...we had zero bites. Great weekend great charity. Greatest fight as an angler i ever had.
ffe1bd9d694ca994cd78fd7efdee31c1.jpg

566aa43173e08244ed70e11b6642485a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back