• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Navigating with HuntStand

I just use the current location tool on the app (looks like a scope sight) to track me and refer to a compass I have attached to my saddle to navigate. Wish there was a compass feature that was part of the app. If there is, I haven't found it.

You can trace path too to see if your general direction is correct. Walk 15 yards then check to see if you are headed to your waypoint.

what I do is have a separate compass app (there are tons in the app store). I look in huntwise and get the direction I need (visually) then switch to the compass app and orient myself.

thx

I just use the current location tool on the app (looks like a scope sight) to track me and refer to a compass I have attached to my saddle to navigate.
Yep. Not much to it.

If I'm going a long way I'll turn on the trace feature because it does a better job of automatically updating your location on the map. I do this most often when navigating in the boat at night in unfamiliar areas with lots of branching waterways.

Back