• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NC Archery..

We should organize an unofficial public land challenge, site members only, must use saddles. The look on other hunters faces when we invade would be worth the trip. Would be fun to meet up and hunt with guys on here and not take it too serious. Could pick a weekend before any rutting starts and just see what happens. Butner bow only zone or Uwharrie would be a semi central location.

We should organize an unofficial public land challenge, site members only, must use saddles. The look on other hunters faces when we invade would be worth the trip. Would be fun to meet up and hunt with guys on here and not take it too serious. Could pick a weekend before any rutting starts and just see what happens. Butner bow only zone or Uwharrie would be a semi central location.

I hunt Uwharrie every Saturday I can

Can't wait to get out in the AM, I have to coach my sons team in the PM but at least ill get out. I hope to get some time in the saddle before but might be setting up on Sat for the first time. I hunt the Butner archery public only and would like to meet up and do a hunt.

Butner is good for me, I hunt archery only in Butner

I cannot wait but I am wondering how this hurricane is gonna affect things since I am basically on the coast! Also I would love to see some NC get togethers I would be all in!

I think that would be fun...let us know when you think a good time would be and I will see If I can attend. Always wanted to try Butner and Uwharrie. Do they rut early down in Butner?

Where ever there is a get together, I'll make it a point to be there. Sandhills Gameland has a camp ground great for meeting. Uwharie has multiple camp grounds according to the map, but I have never been there.

Sounds like a good idea. I would be interested in doing a hunt or even just a meet up.

I will miss opener due to work travel. Off to India tomorrow. May be a tough year for me to do a meet up - man it’s just been nuts with work and kids and the camper rehab. I may sit a bit in my backyard in Sept for ****s and giggles but my serious hunting will start in October for deer on my lease in VA and bear in the foothills - hope someone can nail a velvet buck. I have seen it done in NC (Anson) Good luck saddle shmoes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Organizing something in the Central Deer Zone has the advantage of bow season starting on 9/7 and Black Powder not before Nov. 2. Leaving almost 7 weeks to find a good date. Northeastern and Southeastern season has black powder coming in late September and regular gun season on October 12. So, it all depends on what you guys are up for.

Looking at the map, Uwahrie seems to be the most central location.

I will miss opener due to work travel. Off to India tomorrow. May be a tough year for me to do a meet up - man it’s just been nuts with work and kids and the camper rehab. I may sit a bit in my backyard in Sept for ****s and giggles but my serious hunting will start in October for deer on my lease in VA and bear in the foothills - hope someone can nail a velvet buck. I have seen it done in NC (Anson) Good luck saddle shmoes!!

Sorry to hear that, India is tuff to travel to. Long flight, big time change... I was beat the last time I was there and took me almost 2 weeks to recover from it.

Back