• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NC Saddlehunter Navy

Bwhana

SH Member
Barry, @KelvinM12, @Wasp, and I spent a great morning scouting some less accessible islands and represented saddlehunter nation. Lots of pig sign and one potential buck located. Many OLD, huge trees, one example included - let's see you get a linesman around that one, the picture doesn't even do it justice!
8c2a8426f33c083b94a4a0b113c5a487.jpg
84824dc01968678a5cf6b20f221e11a2.jpg
b97c22c42a7b2ba6db59c58d06c6d88b.jpg

There’s couple boat accessible only tracts near me I’ve been wanting to check out that I think would be good spots

I can tell you that the spots we thought would be best on the maps turned out to be ok for pigs and general deer, but no big buck sign. The best spot turned out to be some spur of the moment check out. Aerials didn't help much on this trip and topos didn't have enough detail to show the slight elevation changes on the islands., so boots on the ground and paddles in the water was necessary.

Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see deer early on. In fact, I wouldn’t hunt it until gun season opens and the army comes out.

I can tell you that the spots we thought would be best on the maps turned out to be ok for pigs and general deer, but no big buck sign. The best spot turned out to be some spur of the moment check out. Aerials didn't help much on this trip and topos didn't have enough detail to show the slight elevation changes on the islands., so boots on the ground and paddles in the water was necessary.

I would love to hunt some pigs with my bow. Are these spots only access by water? I don't have the means to right now.

You just described my big backyard to a T.

Back