• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need Help for Aero Hunter Kestrel Bridge Adjusting

TheGameLandsMan

Hey all. Since I've got my saddle this year, I've generally figured out a pretty comfortable setup. One thing that I know that would probably increase my comfort level and shooting ability is shortening my bridge by a couple inches. I have to set the tether far above my head to get the right comfort level, which makes the bridge get more in my way when shooting. From what I've read on here, it is a pretty common issue. How would I go about shortening the bridge? (Attached is a picture of my current Saddle setup in the tree for reference)

Attachments

• rsz_img_4591.jpg
    rsz_img_4591.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 107
Hey all. Since I've got my saddle this year, I've generally figured out a pretty comfortable setup. One thing that I know that would probably increase my comfort level and shooting ability is shortening my bridge by a couple inches. I have to set the tether far above my head to get the right comfort level, which makes the bridge get more in my way when shooting. From what I've read on here, it is a pretty common issue. How would I go about shortening the bridge? (Attached is a picture of my current Saddle setup in the tree for reference)

The biner end is a figure 8 on a bight. Same issue with mine. Squeeze your bridge together to find how short can still be comfortable, then re-tie figure 8 knot at new length.

It is also possible to make an adjustable bridge, which will enable you to dial in to a more precise length. I think there are a couple youtube vids on the subject.

Yes just redo the knot. I actually removed that carabiner also.

I just kept shortening it up throughout the year, til I got it where I liked. Then eventually made an amsteel bridge in that length.

The stock Kestrel has an almost annoying long bridge length tied in. I would recommend you retie one of the knots, probably the one on your right side if you are right handed, so that the bridge length is between 26-30 inches to start. That seems to be where most people find it comfortable. From there you can adjust little by little until you find your comfortable length.

EDIT: You'll find that your sense of stability will improve greatly with a shorter bridge/tether length.

Note the reason I would adjust the right side is so that any hanging tag end is behind your body from any target if you decide to leave it long.

I used stock Kestrel bridge last year (1st season out of a saddle). Eliminated lineman rope prusik and tender with ropeman so I tied those on my bridge last night. I also retied the bridge figure 8 knot on the left side so I can adjust bridge length with the right (being right handed). Looking forward to trying it out soon.

The stock Kestrel has an almost annoying long bridge length tied in. I would recommend you retie one of the knots, probably the one on your right side if you are right handed, so that the bridge length is between 26-30 inches to start. That seems to be where most people find it comfortable. From there you can adjust little by little until you find your comfortable length.

EDIT: You'll find that your sense of stability will improve greatly with a shorter bridge/tether length.

Note the reason I would adjust the right side is so that any hanging tag end is behind your body from any target if you decide to leave it long.
I think this is what i'm going to do. Thanks for the input!

All you need is a length of cord for tying a prussic, make a prussic on your bridge, then tie that around your bridge loop with double fishermans knot. Undo the stock figure 8 knot on that side and ta-da, adjustable bridge.1566512869378265571933.jpg

c3480a367aa28fa7237b6e7db9e2f4a3.jpg

This is what I ended up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biner end is a figure 8 on a bight. Same issue with mine. Squeeze your bridge together to find how short can still be comfortable, then re-tie figure 8 knot at new length.
Make sure it’s safe, but you may even be able to just re-dress the F8 knot by tending a few inches of slack then terminating the tag end with a fisherman’s or overhand.

Last edited:

Where are you measuring on the bridge when you say 26-30 inches? from the loops they tie to or the inside of the knots? Thanks

Back