• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New bow sight

RRussell

I am upgrading this year and bought a Xpedition Denali with a Hamskea rest but I need a new sight. I was looking at the Trophy Ridge line of sights but I was wondering what everyone used? I will be shooting some indoor league,3D and hunting with the same set up.I like multiple pin sights but would also use a movable sight too.

Spot Hogg has a great line of sights. Micro adjustable and bullet proof. I like running a 5 pin housing with my bottom pin at .010 in size for my floating pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For primary hunting bow I use a fixed 5 pin MBG revenge

3D(if I ever get back into it) and hunting backup bow I use a Spot-Hogg Hogg father with double pin

I am using the Trophy Ridge React Alpha. It is a single pin. Similar to what parkersdad mentioned, I set it at 27 yards for deer season and just wait for deer. I am good from 10 yards to 35 with about 3" of variance. I have no plans to change for the 2020 season, so that will be my third season with this setup.

I have both an HHA single pin and a Schaffer opposition fixed pin. Pros and cons to both. The one thing I like about the single pin is there’s no way you can get confused on which is the correct one. The one thing I like about the fixed is if a deer is moving you don’t have to worry about dialing.

I’m personally torn, and am thinking I’ll stick with the fixed pin at 25/40/50/60.

Trophy Ridge React V5 here. I like the clean look of the vertical multi pins. It's like the best of both worlds to me. The clean sight window of a single pin with 5 pins for no sliding or holding over in the moment of truth. TR V5.JPG

Trophy Ridge 5 pin react I like the fact that once you set up your first pin you don't have to do anything with the other pins 10yd,20,30,40 and 50 yards pin

APEX Covert on a dovetail. Love single pin sights. Like others have said set at 25-27 and shoot to 35 with dead on hold

I have two Spot Hogg grinders. I removed the top and bottom pins off one of them so it it now a fixed single pin sight. The bow is set at 27 yards and allows me to shoot from 0-35 yards without having to make any holdovers. I’m strongly considering doing the same thing to my newer style Grinder on my Triax. That is, removing the top and bottom pins of the 3 pin sight.

Trophy Ridge React V5 here. I like the clean look of the vertical multi pins. It's like the best of both worlds to me. The clean sight window of a single pin with 5 pins for no sliding or holding over in the moment of truth. View attachment 22254

I'm thinking about getting this for next year. I like my MBG Ambush Ascent single pin, but I feel more comfortable having points of reference in case a deer moves after I've drawn back. I feel like a single pin has cost me a few deer with trying to hold over or under at times with it set at 25 yards. I know you still do that to an extent with a multi pin but at least there's other pins for reference. Also I can't say I'd ever shoot past 40 yards. But having the ability to shoot out to 60 without adjusting anything would be nice. I tried a three pin head on my MBG but I like the clean look of vertical pins. The React V5 looks like it may fit the bill. Also like how easy it's supposed to be to sight in. Sight in the top pin and the other four are sighted in as well.

Back