• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New dude from Virginia

Welcome! In case you're interested, we have a VA group chat going on telegram. The link is under the VA meetup forum post

Welcome! I am not sure if they are still active but remember a user @Buck619 posted a thread about insulin pumps in saddles a while back. Hopefully that connection may be helpful to you, apologies if I am over-stepping my bounds here.

Welcome! I am not sure if they are still active but remember a user @Buck619 posted a thread about insulin pumps in saddles a while back. Hopefully that connection may be helpful to you, apologies if I am over-stepping my bounds here.
Hah your not at all. I dont mind disclosing - hint the username. It is helpful as placement of infusion sights (where tubes go into the body) matters alot. Stuff can get in the way. Appreciate you lookong out!

Welcome! My wife is a type 1 diabetic also so I got a chuckle out of your name when I approved you :)

Im actually newly diagnosed beginning of year. Nuts, im in my late thirties. But ive gotten it down to where I know what Im doing and am right 1/2 the time hah! Luckily my endo is type 1 and is an amazong coach. Im about to go on the tslim pump cant wait!

im definetly just embracing it and having fun with it (hence the username).

Im actually newly diagnosed beginning of year. Nuts, im in my late thirties. But ive gotten it down to where I know what Im doing and am right 1/2 the time hah! Luckily my endo is type 1 and is an amazong coach. Im about to go on the tslim pump cant wait!

im definetly just embracing it and having fun with it (hence the username).
My wife got it when she was 18. Her mother actually got it when she was pregnant with their 3rd and it never went away. It is challenging and a lot of work but you'll fall into a routine. The new technology they have with the pumps and blood checkers is really amazing and truly a gamechanger. She has probably had a pump now for almost 15 years. We went on a hike around a reservoir and her blood sugar went low and she passed out halfway through. The rangers and EMS had to come. That was what finally prompted her insurance company to approve the pump for her and they have only gotten better since. Definitely make sure you stay on top of your numbers when you're out in the woods alone!

Back