• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Effortless Climbing Method

DB4x4

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet...

I would call it "The Treelevator" :D

So much for mobile hunting...

Looks like that video is about 8 years old. I tried looking it up and couldn’t find anything current. Looks like it never got off the ground, lol, pun intended!

There are days I go hunting and the only fun I have is climbing and rapelling. This would literally take all of the fun out of those days...
At least on slow days a guy can swing in a saddle!

You'll only get me to do this if I have a full flag detail that coordinate every steps with me every time I go up or down. Someone handing me my bow, someone pushing the button, and someone playing the bugle.

I seen a few makers that make them for those that needs it. I see nothing wrong with that, same as DNRs allowing vehicles use and designated area for those that still wants to hunt any way possible. My father-in-law actually has it in his will that when his time come, if possible put him in his favorite ladder stand, give him his favorite rifle, and dont bother him for a few days.

BUT if you are able and there is nothing wrong with you, maybe a little more effort?

I volunteer with an organization that takes veterans on hunting trips. One of our blinds is wheelchair accessible, solar powered, and raises up about 15 feet. I’ve taken guys in it a couple of times and I have to say it’s a blast.
f9a6e47c00deb2e700afba116c556f74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Effortless....except you have to bust your ass to afford one.

Though I like these for folks with disabilities. I'd like to see a program that sets these up on some of the military properties and runs them for wounded/disabled vets.

I volunteer with an organization that takes veterans on hunting trips. One of our blinds is wheelchair accessible, solar powered, and raises up about 15 feet. I’ve taken guys in it a couple of times and I have to say it’s a blast.
f9a6e47c00deb2e700afba116c556f74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your a good man, keep up the awesome work!

Effortless....except you have to bust your ass to afford one.

Though I like these for folks with disabilities. I'd like to see a program that sets these up on some of the military properties and runs them for wounded/disabled vets.
We are a non profit and that blind was very generously donated. We have a fully wheelchair accessible lodge on a pretty big parcel of land too. We do a deer hunt in November, a military chaplains turkey hunt in the spring, and a duck hunt in January. We do various other fishing trips and hunts scattered throughout the year also. All at zero cost to the veterans and their families. We have activities for the spouses and children while the veterans are hunting. It’s been a lot of fun.

We are a non profit and that blind was very generously donated. We have a fully wheelchair accessible lodge on a pretty big parcel of land too. We do a deer hunt in November, a military chaplains turkey hunt in the spring, and a duck hunt in January. We do various other fishing trips and hunts scattered throughout the year also. All at zero cost to the veterans and their families. We have activities for the spouses and children while the veterans are hunting. It’s been a lot of fun.

That is awesome and really thoughtfully managed. Glad there are organizations like yours.

Back