• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Glass

USMC5831

I learned about the ExpertVoice on this forum, thanks guys!
Now I’m shopping for new 10 x 42 binos.
With the discounts available to me, I’m going with either the Vortex razor HD or Steiner HX.
I’ve had experience with both brands in the past, and have been happy either way.
I’m just uncomfortable spending the $$$ on Chinese made glass, when German glass is available for similar money.
Anybody used these two optics side by side?

I have used Vortex scopes, rangefinders and older Steiner binoculars. All were great products and performed as expected for their price point. It’s always best to try and put your hands on both products for comparison If possible. They both offer lifetime warranties. I don’t believe you could go wrong either way.

Can I ask what youll be using a 10x42 to do, what terrain?

I own 10x42s but theyre a little cumbersome for day to day use in timber, way bigger than needed.

I use currently use a cheaper set of 10x42 leoupolds to bowhunt white tails in Central KY. I’ll be heading to CO this fall for an elk hunt, hopefully muleys or pronghorn next year.
I’ve carried 10x42’s for a couple years now, and wouldn’t downsize, overall I think they are well worth their weight to carry.

Back