• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from Maryland here

fireman43

Im on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, been hunting for 30 some years. Ive used wooden stands, loc-ons, climbers, ladders..... excited to get into a saddle, looks like it will really open up some new places and be great for moving around as the deer change their patterns, especially in early season. I was a bow shooter for years, but I use a crossbow now. There is a ton of great information on here, learned a lot from reading. Im a bigger guy - 6'2", @270# - so I went with the aero flex saddle with rope bridge (seemed to be a big boy approved saddle) and I think an adjustable bridge will be a good start, predator platform, tethrd lineman and tether, pouches from dano, going to make a webbing CAYG. Just waiting for it all to get here and deciding on what sticks to use. Thanks to all the guys for being so willing to share what you have learned, literally almost all my questions were already answered here. Looking forward to a new style of hunting for me.

Welxome to the site. Where ya located at? I was born and raised in Cambridge (Dorchester County) and still come back for the first week of rifle every year. Nice to see another Eastern Shore resident on here.

-Chuck

I used to hunt in Federalsburg. I am in the Air Force now but I hunted that area for years. There are some big deer around there. Unfortunately the farm we hunted has since been sold.

Welcome from one state away. South Central PA

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back