• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from WA state

Quaka Wacka

Hey everybody. I’m Alex from WA state. Just bought my first saddle and excited to use it this year. I mainly hunt elk throughout the west. I spent 60+ days last year in and out of state on 5 different elk tags. My wife thinks it’s a bit excessive, but I don’t agree:)

I’ve treestand hunted quite a bit for blacktail deer and a handful of times for elk. But with elk in/near the rut, I like to be more mobil. A saddle and SRT setup, seems perfect for this.

Im a firefighter and have done backcountry search and rescue for over twenty years and have played with the idea of using a harness and ropes to hunt from, but never tried it. I was super excited to find this site. I also have done a lot of work with amsteel building soft shackles and anchor straps for off-road winching, and looking forward to building some saddle hunting stuff.
Ive spent hours on here pouring through all the info. Thanks to everybody who has contributed.

Any other guys from the NW on here?

Welcome! I’m from the Boise area originally. I lived in Seattle during my college years but now I’m in Tennessee. Where in Washington do you hunt for blacktail?

I’m in SW WA and hunt within an hour or two of my house. My go to area is 10min from my door:) I’ve killed lots of deer there but the genetics aren’t great, and I find myself traveling further in hopes of something bigger. I’ve got lots of friends in the Boise/McCall area. Good hunting around there.

Welcome from Louisiana! I’ll be moving to WA in fall 2021

Sent from parts unknown

Back