• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

new guy on the block from northern pennsylvania

clayman

hello saddle hunters. im brand new to the forum wanted to say hello. this site is taking me some gettin used to to navigate. so hopefully this ended up in right place. i have been on the classifieds but am having a hard time figuring out wher or how to private message or contact someone tho for something id like to purchase! i did do a reply on one of them under the description and pics of item but not sure if this is correct way? thanks in advance for any help it’s appreciated

Welcome from Illinois! Wish I could help but I haven't had any experience with the classified's as I am mostly interested in how everyone does things differently. It really helps to evaluate systems and equipment from other's viewpoint and apply to yourself for improvement to your systems and practices. This site is very good about pointing out safety concerns also, and I tag that as a Giant PLUS.

hello saddle hunters. im brand new to the forum wanted to say hello. this site is taking me some gettin used to to navigate. so hopefully this ended up in right place. i have been on the classifieds but am having a hard time figuring out wher or how to private message or contact someone tho for something id like to purchase! i did do a reply on one of them under the description and pics of item but not sure if this is correct way? thanks in advance for any help it’s appreciated

Welcome to the site.

To message someone, use the envelope icon next to the bell (at the top of the screen) and "start a new conversation."

To reply, log in and go to the conversation. Do not just reply from your personal email to an email notification or it won't get to the intended recipient:

Great. thank you Plebe i do appreciate it. i seen the “start coversation” under drop tab i believe when i clicked on the profile for more information but wasnt sure. yes it is woodsdog2. i dont know him personally but he does guide around here ! thank you guys for the welcome. i do ALOT of reading on here finally decided to join

Welcome.

If you can find a local meetup, highly encourage you to check it out. I drove an hour, and spent at least 3 hours trying out different setups and getting a better understanding of how it all works. Saddles? One stick vs. 3-4 sticks? Platform vs. Ring of Steps? Aiders? DIY? There's a lot to wrap your head around, but the community is incredibly kind and will help you take the plunge.

Welcome to the best site on the web. This and YouTube are the only sites I visit now, I'm sure you will like it here.

Hi clayman.

If you do figure out the Classifieds, you might want to look for a second job... ;)

I bear hunt kinda near Sheffield. Not too far from you.

Last edited:
Hi clayman.

If you do figure out the Classifieds, you might want to look for a second job...
Yeah! I dove in head first and didn't come out until recently. I "think" I have what I need for now LOL. SURE! It is fun trying new stuff and things seem to sell pretty easily, thank goodness.

Back