• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

new member south louisiana

Dmathews87

Hey guys, new member here finally getting around to introduce myself. Started hunting out of a saddle a few years ago and havent looked back! I hunt public land exclusively and this light weight setup just makes the most sense. A little about me....i didnt start deer hunting seriously until my 20's (im 35)...dad was a squirrel and rabbit hunter so that's what i grew up on. (and fishing of course!) When i started bow hunting, it was by myself and on public so needless to say ive learned alot of lessons the hard way and am still learning every day so dont be surprised when i ask stupid questions!

QUOTE="Dmathews87, post: 664457, member: 27852"]
Hammond area here....have hunted Sherburne a few times in the past but havent been in awhile...
[/QUOTE]
There's a major problem with hogs in sherburne, if you need pork. But your so close to Mississippi...

QUOTE="Dmathews87, post: 664457, member: 27852"]
Hammond area here....have hunted Sherburne a few times in the past but havent been in awhile...
There's a major problem with hogs in sherburne, if you need pork. But your so close to Mississippi...
[/QUOTE]

yeah, hogs is bout all i saw out there....ive hunted pearl river too but same story...hogs so bad out there it looks like a tractor has run through it...did shoot my first deer out there though many years ago...first time bow hunting, first day on public, and season opener...smoked a spike lol

Welcome from a misplaced coonass up in North Louisiana (originally from BTR). You can never have too much saddle hunting gear. Proceed with caution - lots to absorb - and unending gear to invest in!

Welcome from the MS side of the pearl river! Killed an 11 ft gator off the pearl river last year, watch where ya step lol

Hey guys, new member here finally getting around to introduce myself. Started hunting out of a saddle a few years ago and havent looked back! I hunt public land exclusively and this light weight setup just makes the most sense. A little about me....i didnt start deer hunting seriously until my 20's (im 35)...dad was a squirrel and rabbit hunter so that's what i grew up on. (and fishing of course!) When i started bow hunting, it was by myself and on public so needless to say ive learned alot of lessons the hard way and am still learning every day so dont be surprised when i ask stupid questions!
Welcome from North Florida… I was always told the only dumb question is the one that wasn’t asked. While I don’t believe that is true, I do believe this group of guys have heard about every question that can be asked and everyone here is more than willing to share their thoughts, recommendations and methods with you

Hunted in Illinois last year (south Illinois). Loved it there. First time i have ever hunted around corn fields. Saw more deer up there than i will see in 2 seasons down here lol
We have quite a few deer here but the trophy bucks are further west of us. We get to see some nice eight and ten points occasionally. I'm mainly a meat hunter these days. I love to take 100 pound plus does. Good Hunting to you!

Back