• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New OOAL sticks

Those are slick. Wonder if those thumbscrew steps would be susceptible to bark/debris getting in the works and twisting under load...

I hear they will come in custom lengths? Any details?

Also, anyone know the distance the step is from the tree?

I do not believe the video mentions custom lengths. I thought the step height was a little small.

I do not believe the video mentions custom lengths. I thought the step height was a little small.

If you use four sticks with 20” spacing, you’ll get roughly 13-13.5’ as an average height person with normal clothes. If you use four with 17”, you’ll get roughly 12-12.5’.

With 6 - 18.5 versus 20.

If you made the sticks with 20” spacing, they’d be 30” long, and begin to get cumbersome.

If you’re using aiders, the difference really goes away.

I would think OOAL would want to standardize to get the costs down. They should pick one size and run with it. Economies of scale suggests that the more they make of the same thing the lower the costs. Currently the $100 per stick price is higher than Beast Sticks or LWCG.

Damn that is pricey, but there is a lot of innovation behind the idea. I’d prefer something a little lighter. I’ll pick up a set and look at it as a long term purchase. I have enough other gear to sell to fund it.

Imo this rotate-to-fold design is the final basic innovation in sticks. Telescoping the length or cutting weight by figuring out how to make carbon safe are the only improvements I see from here. I don't see either happening.

They look interesting. $100 ea is a bit higher than I would pay though.

I am curious how much play is in the step. Especially after repeated use.

I expect to see other manufacturers have sticks at the ATA. Tethrd, LWCG, I know XOP has a shorter stick they are releasing. I hope to see lone wolf get back in the game with new sticks and maybe a new saddle platform.

They are a neat design. They look like they will pack well two on each side of a hangon. They appear to only stack in pairs. It would also be interesting to see how they stack unfolded. I really don’t see most hunters wanting to fiddle with the steps at the tree unless that’s the only way they will stack.

out on a limb is always listening to customers, and innovating. will he be at the harrisburg show? it is a very large show, it would get lots of eyes on the product.

I would think OOAL would want to standardize to get the costs down. They should pick one size and run with it. Economies of scale suggests that the more they make of the same thing the lower the costs. Currently the $100 per stick price is higher than Beast Sticks or LWCG.
Pricey, but when demand goes up in manuafacturing cost will come down. I will have to see some real advantages before spending the cash, but am all for spending $$ on quality stuff that works!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They look nice but I think I'll use my Muddy pro stick. At $146.00 for four Muddy sticks they are hard to beat.

They are a neat design. They look like they will pack well two on each side of a hangon. They appear to only stack in pairs. It would also be interesting to see how they stack unfolded. I really don’t see most hunters wanting to fiddle with the steps at the tree unless that’s the only way they will stack.
Yes. Also interested to see how they would stack if you put both pairs together?

Yes. Also interested to see how they would stack if you put both pairs together?
I’m interested to see that as well. Just from what I’ve seen I don’t think four will nestle together.

Begrudgingly, I’m leaving the hybrid at home, and walking out in the woods with four sticks, a platform, the kestrel, knee pads, back band....ugh.... aaaaaaanyways, they do pack up nice on this frame.

78781C0C-EDF4-4FB3-8D3C-850F834E5FA9.jpegC4CF38AE-69CC-4A2D-8B5E-8B4FBA6A962F.jpeg1185BF26-D9F2-4295-96D9-EB66844BA3AF.jpeg48B1BED9-39A1-436D-B7E3-DF0C86ADAF76.jpeg

I’ll probably leave them deployed on walk out and see how best to fashion that. I should probably try before I go in woods, but I don’t want to change my mind.

How you people don’t hunt out of a hybrid is beyond me!

What is the actual weight of each stick without a strap ? I know that they are saying..but can you put them on a scale ?

Back