• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Re-designed Windwalker Treestand

bowkill00

Heard on a podcast with Bill Vale that Treehopper is fixing to release the new designed Windwalker treestand and a couple more from the old Loc-on company. Anyone heard when they will be available for purchase?

Haven't heard, but that sounds cool. The ole tennis racket is a cool stand. Maybe a better seat design would be nice.

I wouldn't put a limit on Mark's spirit to walk on wind or go out on a lem to make something old new and improved over there at Treehopper!
I can read thru them lines....my dad had the old limb and I had the windwalker in the 90s. Really fired up hes bringing them back out!

Pretty sure that was a bomb bill dropped on 'tsg' the other day but yea I'm super stoked to hear that a guy like Mark is working on the windwalkers. I've also heard there were potentially 3 models but I cant confirm that. Atleast we know it will be a practical, well-built piece of gear coming from treehopper. Hopefully they're not much more than what the old windwalkers are selling for these days. Kind of glad now I havent ordered a .5 yet, Lord knows I've come close multiple times! If anyone hears anything else about them, let the rest of us know! I'll do the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Be curious to see if any major design changes happen. They were known. For squeaking and popping in cold weather. If he can firm up the frame and modified the attachment method and keep it close to spec. Be a slam dunk in my book now that I’m done dreaming.
If they release them at the old MSRP that would also be awesome!!!

Last edited:
Heard of them but got in the hunting game after they were discontinued. Beside the weight, what were some of the reason they were good?

Heard of them but got in the hunting game after they were discontinued. Beside the weight, what were some of the reason they were good?

They were the stand to have before lone wolf came into existence. It was the only decent mobile solution back then. That was also before climbing sticks. So you had screw in steps and a loc-on (spirit, windwalker, limit)…. the seats were absolutely terrible on them put all sorts of pressure on your sciatic nerve. Creaky poppy and kick outs were not uncommon. If they release the same stand without significant changes they will fail for sure…again.

They were the stand to have before lone wolf came into existence. It was the only decent mobile solution back then. That was also before climbing sticks. So you had screw in steps and a loc-on (spirit, windwalker, limit)…. the seats were absolutely terrible on them put all sorts of pressure on your sciatic nerve. Creaky poppy and kick outs were not uncommon. If they release the same stand without significant changes they will fail for sure…again.
I have to disagree on the seat comfort. I spent many many hours in a windwalker and always found the seat more comfortable than any of the lone wolf I've had. I've also never had a kick out and found mine to be pretty quiet, even when the Temps were in the teens. I did have an old straight slat limit that popped like mad, but never had any real issues with the expanded mesh windwalker.

I honestly think their failure was just that they were before their time. Kind of like the assasin. I think people in today's mobile market will love them and it will be a good option for a lot of people.

Ooof… man I hated that front bar on the seat. It would murder me. maybe it wouldnt bother old me but young me forget it.

Ooof… man I hated that front bar on the seat. It would murder me. maybe it wouldnt bother old me.
Just curious, how tall are you? I feel liek because the seat was kind of low, and my legs are so long from my foot to my knee, I wasnt sitting at 90 degrees and it actually cups the back of my leg quite nice. I can see if you were shorter and your feet either werent planted right on the platform or were 90 degrees or over in the bend of your leg it could be uncomfortable.

Just like saddles and everything else, body shape and size comes into play big time IMO.

Just curious, how tall are you? I feel liek because the seat was kind of low, and my legs are so long from my foot to my knee, I wasnt sitting at 90 degrees and it actually cups the back of my leg quite nice. I can see if you were shorter and your feet either werent planted right on the platform or were 90 degrees or over in the bend of your leg it could be uncomfortable.

Just like saddles and everything else, body shape and size comes into play big time IMO.

I am 6’-4”

For smaller frames hard to beat a windwalker. My biggest gripe is attachment method. To much metal flinging around I built a single post LW style windwalker a few years ago removed the grating and added 6160 cross bars all welded, welded seat post bracket in place (no more bolts) reused cables, added og lone Wolf seat and button. Came in fully ready at 5.5 pounds

so I know it can be done.

Last edited:
I have to disagree on the seat comfort. I spent many many hours in a windwalker and always found the seat more comfortable than any of the lone wolf I've had. I've also never had a kick out and found mine to be pretty quiet, even when the Temps were in the teens. I did have an old straight slat limit that popped like mad, but never had any real issues with the expanded mesh windwalker.

I honestly think their failure was just that they were before their time. Kind of like the assasin. I think people in today's mobile market will love them and it will be a good option for a lot of people.

i hunted in one as a teenager, had that one stolen, and then bought a used loc on limit 3 years ago and totally refurb'd it (new grade 8 zinc bolts, new seat, etc)

i've never had one kick out

on refurb one, i did add an amsteel bottom strap ala' lone wolf

i'm curious if i knee cam it if i'll be able to use it as a saddle platform and hit the sides, if so i'll probably buy a loc on windwalker (way cheaper than the other lighter stands out now)

Last edited:
There went the used market
We had a member on here that bought almost every single Windwalker that hit the classifieds the last couple years, I sold him 2, super nice guy, I have no idea how many he must have bought, it didn’t matter what forum if a Windwalker hit the classifieds I would see his name and it would be sold lol, I always thought the only attraction of these things was to be mobile and only one or two would be enough to own lol, Windwalker fever I guess lol.

Back