• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New S.E. Virginia Saddle Hunter

Gcp

Good morning everyone, I received my Mantis from Tethrd Wed. I've messed with it at ground level a couple of times since then just seeing how it feels. Strained my back a couple of days ago at work, so taking it easy for the moment. I can say I do believe it's going to great. I'm still adjusting the micro-adjusters for comfort and tether height. I did purchase a Ropeman 1 for the lineman's belt. I did not realize that if you get the micro-adjuster you don't get the large pouch and the way I intend to keep the lineman's rope attached on one side I will have to order one soon.

I have to thank Tethrd for their quick shipment. I ordered my saddle on 12/29 and received it on 1/8. I know how difficult it is to get mail to a destination at this time, great job guys and Thank You!!!

A little about myself, I'm 54 and hunted for about half of that time. I've used alot of different type of treestands, but usually prefer a climber. Because I'm growing older, I've been researching how to get lighter. So I didn't go into this blind.

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let them now I'll be picking their brains when I need to. Thanks in advance.

Back