• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle Hunter from Cincinnati OH

PastorKen

I’m an experienced bowhunter, but new to the tree saddle. I use crossbows and compound. I want to use my compound mostly this season for a lot of reasons. And it seems like it would work better from a saddle than a crossbow anyway. I’m pumped about this season! Been married for 24 years. Got to officiate at my daughter’s wedding this summer. My son is a high school senior. (He killed his first buck when he was 9!) And yes, I am a pastor of a small Southern Baptist Church. I became a follower of Christ during the last year of my enlistment in the Navy. I was a most unlikely convert... miracles do happen! I’m a very thankful man. And I’m glad to be part of the saddle hunting community.

The Welcome Wagon is cruising the midwest as it picks up a blessed soul in the Buckeye State. Glad to have you hear friend.

75 bowls of Skyline Chili later and we'll qualify for the "Huck's Greatest Hits" performance at Saddlepalooza!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First, Thank you for your service, as well as your service to the community as a Pastor of the church, Not sure if you have heard about the movie, "An Interview with God" ? But my wife and I seen it yesterday, you being a pastor, would probably enjoy it as well. Plus all the profits from the movie will go to special needs children which is a great perk for a great movie.
Welcome to the Group from Oklahom. I am new here as well, sound like we are about the same age If I was guessing. My girls are not married yet, but I am in no rush for them to get married either so its a win win.
I like you have hunted with bows for many years, looking for a lighter way to hunt public land I was able to find this style of hunting. I can tell you from my experience of being new on here, everyone has been so positive and helpful, you will love it here too.
Keep us posted on your upcoming season and have a blessed weekend.
Dale

The Welcome Wagon is cruising the midwest as it picks up a blessed soul in the Buckeye State. Glad to have you hear friend.

75 bowls of Skyline Chili later and we'll qualify for the "Huck's Greatest Hits" performance at Saddlepalooza!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Skyline chili... a Cincinnati original. How did you know? I like it fine, but still can’t get used to spaghetti noodles in my chili.

What is saddlepalooza?

Welcome from SE Michigan! Since I'm not Southern Baptist does that make me Northern Baptist?? :)
Yeah, it is a geographically limiting name. I’m from Georgia originally. There, people like to be called Southern. Not so much in Ohio.

A few years back I came to Battlecreek Michigan with Southern Baptist Disaster Relief after a wind storm came through. I’m on the chainsaw team. I like Michigan.

First, Thank you for your service, as well as your service to the community as a Pastor of the church, Not sure if you have heard about the movie, "An Interview with God" ? But my wife and I seen it yesterday, you being a pastor, would probably enjoy it as well. Plus all the profits from the movie will go to special needs children which is a great perk for a great movie.
Welcome to the Group from Oklahom. I am new here as well, sound like we are about the same age If I was guessing. My girls are not married yet, but I am in no rush for them to get married either so its a win win.
I like you have hunted with bows for many years, looking for a lighter way to hunt public land I was able to find this style of hunting. I can tell you from my experience of being new on here, everyone has been so positive and helpful, you will love it here too.
Keep us posted on your upcoming season and have a blessed weekend.
Dale
I haven’t heard of the movie. I’ll keep an eye out for it. I’ll turn 51 in September. Last November, I killed my buck a mile back on public land. Getting in and out was a lot like work! I’m going lighter and easier overall. The saddle is a big part of that plan.

Welcome from TN, but an Ohio hunter, I hunt pretty close to Cincinnati.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your service and welcome to the site and all of the craziness that comes with saddle hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back