• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter in Indiana

mathhunter

I'm looking to get into saddle hunting. I've been doing a lot of research on different saddles, but it's hard to decide having never done it before. Some reviews say a particular saddle is better for sitters while others are better for leaners. Since I've never sat in a saddle before I'm not sure which one I would be (I'm guessing I'd be a sitter). Is there anyone within driving distance of Lafayette, IN (I live about 20 min north of there) that would be willing to meet up with me and give me a "test drive" in a saddle? I'd really appreciate anything I could learn from you more experienced saddle hunters out there.

Hey man welcome!!
I’m about an hour from there but I’d be willing to drive on a weekend to get you into some saddles so you could see what you like. I’m in Noblesville. Also considering doing a saddle meet up this spring/summer.

Welcome—I’m a newbie in Carmel. Squatch knows what he’s talking about. He has really helped me get up and running. Would love to do a meetup sometime.

Hey man welcome!!
I’m about an hour from there but I’d be willing to drive on a weekend to get you into some saddles so you could see what you like. I’m in Noblesville. Also considering doing a saddle meet up this spring/summer.
Squatch that would be really great. Should I send a message some time to try to set up a time/place to meet?

I’m in Clinton County. @Squatch and you could come to the house sometime and use a tree. Together Squatch and I have a good collection of saddles and climbing stuff.

Welcome! Just seen this. I'm Northwest Indiana. Jasper county, @Squatch and @zurr4013 can set you up with more options. I have an Evo and several climbing method. If your ever in my area shoot me a pm if your interested in checking out!

Welcome! Just seen this. I'm Northwest Indiana. Jasper county, @Squatch and @zurr4013 can set you up with more options. I have an Evo and several climbing method. If your ever in my area shoot me a pm if your interested in checking out!
Thanks, that would be fun to get together some time. One other thing I'd be interested in talking to you about is public land hunting opportunities. I've mostly hunted private, but I'm looking to do more public land hunting (especially now that I'm getting a saddle). Where I live is sort of a public land desert in Indiana. Most of the places are at least an hour away from where I live, so it's kind of a drive to just go scout somewhere and I'd like to get your input on any of the public land places you've hunted in your area.

Thanks, that would be fun to get together some time. One other thing I'd be interested in talking to you about is public land hunting opportunities. I've mostly hunted private, but I'm looking to do more public land hunting (especially now that I'm getting a saddle). Where I live is sort of a public land desert in Indiana. Most of the places are at least an hour away from where I live, so it's kind of a drive to just go scout somewhere and I'd like to get your input on any of the public land places you've hunted in your area.
Sent you a PM

Not a lot of public land in Indiana unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back