• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter. North Texas

Gypsy.567

Hi everyone. New saddle hunter here in Fort Worth. Just got my saddle and ropes about 2 weeks ago. Been practicing in the trees at the house. Already figured out I need a roll pouch for rappel rope. Looking for a way to mount a platform on top of my hawk helium 20” stick. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know. Thank you for your time.

Welcome aboard from Maine! OOAL(Out on A Limb) and Artisan Outdoors both make a small platform for the Hawk sticks I believe. Hawk itself makes one too but their stuff is not top of the line that's for sure. I do have their sticks and haven't had a bit of trouble with those.

Welcome!!! I lived in North Texas (Mesquite and Arlington) for 64 years. We retired and moved to SE Iowa 4 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok maybe one of y’all can help me with something. Every time I try to attach a photo it says file is too large for upload. How do I fix this?

Welcome from someone who has hunted in NE TX (where there’s trees) and SE TX.

For too large files, I screen shot them and it usually works. There’s other ways, but I rarely have to reduce file size of a screenshot.

Thank you @Plebe that worked great. This is just me practicing in the front yard. Starting with my stick at 2 feet off the ground so I can practice making the move.

Attachments

• 3CA84B43-0778-4190-A7A2-1D384BCB976F.jpeg
    3CA84B43-0778-4190-A7A2-1D384BCB976F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • EBEAB19C-EF09-4D4D-A59B-92D774505C41.jpeg
    EBEAB19C-EF09-4D4D-A59B-92D774505C41.jpeg
    539.1 KB · Views: 14
Finally another Texas guy, I’m from Rosenberg Texas about 4-5 hours south of you. We don’t have many Texas hunters on here so glad to see another

Shoot man I am glad someone from Texas spoke up. I just got into saddle hunting due to hunting or public land down around lake Whitney. Trying to learn as much as I can from everyone that is willing to teach. I can already tell by the other threads that everyone here is willing to learn people a thing or three.

Back