• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter

GTel

Hey all, been bow hunting for a little over 30 years in NY and PA and tomorrow afternoon will be my first day in a saddle. Have hunted climbers, ladders, hang ons and wooden crow's nests back in the 80s and always felt a bit sketchy on the climb up. Been reading all your posts on safety and mods so thanks for all the great information. Couldn't wait another two months for the flex to arrive so bought this second hand starter kit on this site. Christmas has come early!
333906c4dd735669ed2871763c328e4c.jpg

Sent from up in a tree

Good luck and stay safe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I've been using a linesman and tether for many years to hang grizzly steps and hangons, so I'm already comfortable with that equipment. Using the tether to support my weight all day will be another story though! The HSS harness and 2" nylon linesman I've been using to hang stands were a bit clunky and 20 years old, but never saw the need to buy better gear since I only hang a few new stands a year. Will be nice to use modern equipment. I also switched this week to the treehopper bolts and already prepped a couple of trees for the harness. Even just prepping the trees with bolts can become addictive! Takes less than 15 minutes per tree and didn't need to break a sweat screwing in grizzlies or pulling up stands.

Sent from up in a tree

Welcome from coastal NC!! And I love my bolts and hand drill they make life easier!!!!

Welcome to the site from Central NY, Fingerlakes region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back