• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Saddle

Long Range

Ok guys, I'm new to saddle hunting. I hunt some public with long walks. I already have hawk mini sticks. So I need a saddle and platform. I'm on a budget so keep that in mind. I'm 5'-7 and 135 lbs. So give me your recommendations.

Best quality budget combo I can think of would be CGM sidewinder

& Trophyline EDP

Grab the HSP platform for $29 and bolt it to the top of your hawk stick. As far as a saddle, lots of options. Figure you’re gonna be in for 250-300. If you can’t swing that, keep saving.

H2 slingshot for me. Was my first and only saddle and have been very pleased with it over my first two seasons in a saddle. Cut up an old steel hang on and used the seat portion as my platform.

I was able to pick up a handful of these when the price dropped to $50. I originally bought them to have some extras for buddies to use when they went with me on public.

I did a few 5-6 hour sits in one this year during bear season. They were well worth the money.

I cut the metal D off them so it’s a Webbing bridge.

I’ll look and see how many I have and might be able to give you a deal on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to pick up a handful of these when the price dropped to $50. I originally bought them to have some extras for buddies to use when they went with me on public.

I did a few 5-6 hour sits in one this year during bear season. They were well worth the money.

I cut the metal D off them so it’s a Webbing bridge.

I’ll look and see how many I have and might be able to give you a deal on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interested!

Examples:

Ok guys, I'm new to saddle hunting. I hunt some public with long walks. I already have hawk mini sticks. So I need a saddle and platform. I'm on a budget so keep that in mind. I'm 5'-7 and 135 lbs. So give me your recommendations.
Look at Eberhart Signature Series saddle on Tethrd website. I have been hunting out of saddles for a very longtime and have 5 different saddles and since I got the ESS saddle it's all I have used. Very comfortable and is the least expensive saddle I own but it's the best.

Ok guys. So here is an update. I bought a H2 saddle with the triad bridge. I hunted my first set with it today. Saddle was comfortable. Need to work on putting up my sticks. Need to slow down and not hurry! So when in cold weather do you put your saddle over you coats or under??

Ok guys. So here is an update. I bought a H2 saddle with the triad bridge. I hunted my first set with it today. Saddle was comfortable. Need to work on putting up my sticks. Need to slow down and not hurry! So when in cold weather do you put your saddle over you coats or under??
Which platform did you go with? Also I am from Florida so cold weather doesn’t really apply but on the occasions that we get in the 30’s or low 40’s I wear my saddle over my top jacket, so that the bridge loops aren’t creating an air gap

Get a rock climbing harness and make yourself a fleece saddle. Under $30.
^^^ yes!!!! for people on a serious budget that’s about the best suggestion you can make, followed by the notch for $50. Then the classifieds here you can sometimes pick up a steal of a deal!

Back