• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New southern wv saddle hunter

BRAY2KAY

Hey guys! New here. Never used a saddle before but looking into getting one before this season. Any suggestions on saddle to go with? I have bought api sticks and modified to 22 " with all the countersunk holes to make them look almost identical to beast sticks. Didnt want to spend alot trying to find out how much I liked saddle hunting first. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Welcome from Texas! As saddle hunting is gaining popularity you should be able to find people around you that will be willing to let you try their saddles, this community is very close in that sense. If you are new than any saddle that you get will require practice, as there is a steep learning curve, but sooooo worth it. If you ask what is the best saddle, everyone will say theirs is of course, but you should give the community details about your size, shape, physical condition, and what you are hoping to accomplish in a saddle. Are you planning on run and gun hunting, private land hunting, pre sets....etc.

Run and gun, like I said I'm from southern wv and these mountains dont make it easy to carry climbers, or lock ones around. I'm 30 years old and 185 lbs. 5 ft 10. In great shape because of these old hills to haha

I’m from southern WV as well. It definitely makes climbing these mountains easier. It may take some time to tweak your setup but just stick with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from PA. If you can find some guys with saddles close to you to try that would help. Look on the saddle hunters map to see if anyone is close to where you live.

Back