• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to Deer Hunting from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Rainman

Bass fisherman and crane/duck guide, new to deer hunting. Joined to check out others setup's before investing in my own. I've really enjoyed exploring new land scouting for next season, especially those areas accessed by boat. Happy to join the forum and learn!

Hey welcome. There is a Tethrd Teach N Train event happening in Ok City the first of May IF we are able but not looking great at this point in time. Here is the post on the event just in case.

Hey welcome. There is a Tethrd Teach N Train event happening in Ok City the first of May IF we are able but not looking great at this point in time. Here is the post on the event just in case.

I already signed up a couple weeks back! I'm hoping things will calm down by then, but I may just have to find a local member to talk to and get some hands on experience from. Thanks for sharing, though!

I'm in Tulsa too and new to deer hunting. Looking forward to this fall! I hope the teach and tour happens, it would be cool to see some of the Tethrd stuff in person.

I'm in Tulsa too and new to deer hunting. Looking forward to this fall! I hope the teach and tour happens, it would be cool to see some of the Tethrd stuff in person.

Hey guys I talked to the state park and as of right now it is still clear since the stay at home order ends April 30th. But a lot can happen/change in the next few weeks. I’m hoping it can still happen to some extent.

Few things I’ve tossed around was having a few sessions to limit number of people at one time. Or looking at moving it into June possibly in hopes things have settled by then.

As soon as I have some more concrete answers I will post an update.

Hey guys talking with Tethrd we are postponing the event. I will continue to talk with them about the possibility moving it this summer. We had nearly 60 people signed up so at this point it does not look like things will be settled down in time to put this event on in a few weeks. We will update as soon as the next decision is made.

Back