• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to saddle hunting NE Ohio

McButter27

I have been pondering a saddle off and on for a year 1/2. Doing my research. I wanted to a mobile hunter. Went from a summit climber three years ago to a steel hang on and sticks. Now I jumped right in and bought a JC Transfomer saddle. It will go well with lone wolf stick with daisy chains. I modified them with double steps on the top of the sticks also cable aiders.
I have yet to buy a platform. Any suggestions?? Will be appreciated.
I want to buy American made products.

Welcome S.E. Michigan. Can you add a platform to those sticks? Not sure about the lone wolfs. Are you a leaner or a sitter? Big tree or little tree? Have you considered a ROS? Do you like the idea of lots of platform? Or just enough? Your gonna have to experiment some and see what you prefer plus what you want to carry.
Good luck!

Welcome from Central Illinois! I really like the simplicity of the Lone Wolf seat handclimber but mostly use SRT and a strap on seat made from a Lone Wolf seat due to not having the slim, strait trees in my hunting range.

Welcome from central Illinois. I am also just getting into this whole saddle thing, spend most of my time in ladders and hangons or just roaming with a little pop up seat. There are definitely a lot of options for platforms to choose from, will probly go through a couple before you find what you want.

Welcome from north east Ohio I’m in Carroll county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Lake county. I'm very happy with my predator platform. I am using an amsteel daisy chain instead of the strap. Let me know if you want to see it.

They perform the same function equally well. The Kong offers more flexibility with rope size choice. The Kong is typically a little more expensive. I picked up a Kong on Zoro.com for $50. I prefer the Kong due to the greater flexibility, but I also have a Ropeman 1. You will be happy with either as long as long as you have the right rope.

Welcome from Ashtabula county Ohio.. to me the only reason to purchase a Kong over a RM1 is for oplux rope! I switched my tether and love the Kong and the rope. My linesman belt is oplux also but purchased from Latitude and it works just as smooth without any metal mechanical devices.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Howdy and welcome from Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back