• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Trophyline EDP Platform

My only concern is the front bump out doesn’t look like it gives much room on either side for boots. I do love the cutouts on the mission so maybe I’m over thinking it?

Not bad looking and not a bad weight. Looks like the bump out where your heels go is also a handle. That’s cool but not overly exciting either. Unless the price is compelling I don’t see how this beats a predator especially as used predator prices have come down a lot the last 3 months.

My only concern is the front bump out doesn’t look like it gives much room on either side for boots. I do love the cutouts on the mission so maybe I’m over thinking it?

I had a similar initial reaction, but a few more thoughts on what was shown:

1. It (the cast in handle) could be cut off...although the geometry doesn’t necessarily lend itself to more usable edge space
2. It might provided some added stability/comfort by bracing boot insoles, idk
3. The platform seemed to have plenty of downward adjustability for leaners, who could thereby use the full support of the platform (albeit at reduced standing performance)
4. It increases standing room quite a bit (as shown) for those who prefer to mostly stand

Overall, TL looks to be sticking to their target market with a middle price point, sturdy platform, and generally smart design. Sized for 12 boots, it’s going to satisfy many users.

I mostly like their approach in cast platforms, though machining offers a greater design/performance advantage (with a big cost penalty). I bet they do well with this, though competition is still expanding.

Not bad looking and not a bad weight. Looks like the bump out where your heels go is also a handle. That’s cool but not overly exciting either. Unless the price is compelling I don’t see how this beats a predator especially as used predator prices have come down a lot the last 3 months.

They‘re emphasizing beefiness. Reinforced leveling, rigidity. Big enough for your whole foot.

If the Mission is $189, I’d anticipate a competitive price too.

I had a similar initial reaction, but a few more thoughts on what was shown:

1. It (the cast in handle) could be cut off...although the geometry doesn’t necessarily lend itself to more usable edge space
2. It might provided some added stability/comfort by bracing boot insoles, idk
3. The platform seemed to have plenty of downward adjustability for leaners, who could thereby use the full support of the platform (albeit at reduced standing performance)
4. It increases standing room quite a bit (as shown) for those who prefer to mostly stand

Overall, TL looks to be sticking to their target market with a middle price point, sturdy platform, and generally smart design. Sized for 12 boots, it’s going to satisfy many users.

I mostly like their approach in cast platforms, though machining offers a greater design/performance advantage (with a big cost penalty). I bet they do well with this, though competition is still expanding.

It looks like it would be comfortable to stand on the corner/side of the platform instead of on front of it, which I do a lot anyways. It looks like something you just have to try and maybe you’ll love or won’t.

i heard availability in April, I’m not sure if they mentioned price.

At 48:00 he also reveals a new fanny pack that will carry a platform.
I’ll like to see how the platform and mini sticks all pack together with that Fanny pac. I’m planning on buying my saddle equipment over spring and summer and that pack looks pretty cool

I think the EDP looks like a good candidate for platform climbing too. A bit more manageable than the Mission, but not a small platform by any means. Sized more like a LW seat, but more robust. Climb like Cbigbear does.

I am a huge fan of the mission. I hung one right beside a predator XL in the backyard and went back and forth for about an hour, 2 different times. Put the predator in the classifieds the next day. Besides being platforms I don't see the comparison in the mission and the XL. I will probably get the EDP just to check it out and let it or the mission go. I don't mind 6 lbs on my back for how sturdy it is. If the EDP is as sturdy and can handle my 14/15 boots, that might be my new back hardware.

I am a huge fan of the mission. I hung one right beside a predator XL in the backyard and went back and forth for about an hour, 2 different times. Put the predator in the classifieds the next day. Besides being platforms I don't see the comparison in the mission and the XL. I will probably get the EDP just to check it out and let it or the mission go. I don't mind 6 lbs on my back for how sturdy it is. If the EDP is as sturdy and can handle my 14/15 boots, that might be my new back hardware.

Yeah, it would take a lot to get me away from the Mission. I know it’s not the lightest platform but I prefer functionality on the tree over weight and pack ability. It’s going to be on the tree more then it’s going to be on my back. That thing on the tree is perfect and I don’t notice it on my Mystery Ranch Pintler load shelf or on my Sitka Fanatic pack.

I love my mission so I expect the EDP to be a great platform also. I also love that Fanny pack I was planning on trying to DIY one to carry my mission and one stick to get away from carrying a big pack anymore. Maybe I will give this one a try.

I have always been a fanny pack guy until I got into saddle hunting. Now that I am one sticking that fanny pack may be just the ticket.

Back