• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie from North Alabama

tbassfd

Haven't bought a saddle for hunting yet. Still doing research .Hunt 90% public land, so this style is very intriguing to me.

North Alabama is big, what public do you hunt? There’s about 15 of us here that hunt wheeler hah

You missed our first annual North Alabama Saddle Hunter meet up. We had about 20-30 people show up new and old.

If you want to try out a saddle and or sticks I work in Huntsville and live in Cullman and would be happy to show you the ropes and try to answer any questions you might have.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome Newbie from another newbie! My story is a little different than yours in that I hunt almost exclusively leased land and have done little public land hunting. At the moment anyway. But I don't like being tied to one tree all day. That's what I like about the saddle hunting idea.

North Alabama is big, what public do you hunt? There’s about 15 of us here that hunt wheeler hah

You missed our first annual North Alabama Saddle Hunter meet up. We had about 20-30 people show up new and old.

If you want to try out a saddle and or sticks I work in Huntsville and live in Cullman and would be happy to show you the ropes and try to answer any questions you might have.

Welcome to the site!
Would like to try out a saddle and climbing methods. I live in Huntsville. I haven't hunted last couple of years but usually Wheeler and Skyline.

Would like to try out a saddle and climbing methods. I live in Huntsville. I haven't hunted last couple of years but usually Wheeler and Skyline.
Sorry it took so long to answer, not used to getting on forums very often. Just bought a new bow and been building strength for hunting weight.

Back