• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie from South MS

T-BONE

New to the forums and to this madness of saddle hunting! I just took ownership of my first saddle (Cruzr XC) on Monday and I must say that I wish I had heard of this a long time ago! My setup consists of Cruzer XC paired with BD Big Air Pilot with amsteel backup. This will have to do until Safeguards come back in stock somewhere. I have only climbed with it in the yard a couple times and have done so using one stick method via Hawk Helium with Helium Platform and amsteel 2 step aider. I am currently working on a new DIY three step aider from 1" web tubing. Will post pics of my setup soon. And post the aider build on the correct sub forum shortly.

Last edited:
Welcome from South AL. It’s starting up over here to. My buddy killed a nice one yesterday in Washington Co that was just trailing along behind a doe keeping tabs on her. Good luck.

Welcome. I'm new here myself. I'm in north MS now but lived in Hattiesburg years ago. It sure has grown.

Back