• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie from VA

Western VA Hunter

Well I have been a lurker for a while, but I'm finally going to get me a saddle. So I spent the money and got me the membership.
I hunt pretty deep in National Forest here in VA. I also do some 1-3 days backpacking hunting and I'm tired of sitting on the ground when I'm deep in National Forest. I've always hunted out of treestands, but I am finally going to get me a saddle.

Well I have been a lurker for a while, but I'm finally going to get me a saddle. So I spent the money and got me the membership.
I hunt pretty deep in National Forest here in VA. I also do some 1-3 days backpacking hunting and I'm tired of sitting on the ground when I'm deep in National Forest. I've always hunted out of treestands, but I am finally going to get me a saddle.
I am also a newbie from Central Va. Haven't gotten a saddle yet, but interested in how many go about making the choice of which one. I am a bit of a bigger guy, so would ideally like to be able to try them one and stuff.

I am also a newbie from Central Va. Haven't gotten a saddle yet, but interested in how many go about making the choice of which one. I am a bit of a bigger guy, so would ideally like to be able to try them one and stuff.

Im in Smithfield. I have tethered Menace in a larger size if you want to try it out. Let me know.

Dave

I am from Strasburg area and was wondering if I could get with you and try your saddle? I am trying to decide on a saddle for next yr.
Thanks
ML67
Yes sir! I'm about 45 minutes from you. You can try it out, but just want you to know that I am new into the saddle game also, so I am a rookie also. Lol

That is great both for me and that your into Saddle Hunting. How about after holidays I reply and we can set a day and time. I would like to try on and lean at bottom of a tree on as many as I can before buying.
Thanks
ML67

That is great both for me and that your into Saddle Hunting. How about after holidays I reply and we can set a day and time. I would like to try on and lean at bottom of a tree on as many as I can before buying.
Thanks
ML67
Can text me anytime you want. Wes 540 820 3967.
Maybe we could do a little hunting up here in the mtns some.

I am from Strasburg area and was wondering if I could get with you and try your saddle? I am trying to decide on a saddle for next yr.
Thanks
ML67
im also near Harrisonburg and I recently received my tethrd phantom, you’re welcome to try it also.

Welcome from Chesterfield VA. I've been at this for about 3 years or so. I've tried a ton of saddles and a ton of climbing methods. I currently have the Flex, Method, and JX3. If anyone nearby needs to try one just holler. @Western VA Hunter you will like that Cruzr, I had one of those as well. It's well built and comfy. Great first choice.

Welcome from Chesterfield VA. I've been at this for about 3 years or so. I've tried a ton of saddles and a ton of climbing methods. I currently have the Flex, Method, and JX3. If anyone nearby needs to try one just holler. @Western VA Hunter you will like that Cruzr, I had one of those as well. It's well built and comfy. Great first choice.
How do you like the JX3? I was considering one of those, but I already have an external frame pack....

How do you like the JX3? I was considering one of those, but I already have an external frame pack....
It's very very comfortable, packs easily. My biggest issues are since its a pack, I can't carry my normal pack so I have to shuffle things around when I switch from traditional saddle to the JX3 and I dont yet feel comfortable with bow shots on my weak side so I primarily reserver the JX3 for gun season. Not big issues, just things I haven't worked out yet. As for comfort though, Its probably the most comfortable I have ever been in a tree.

Welcome! I just got in to saddle hunting this year, and honestly this was my first year hunting fully, and I jumped head first to saddle hunting. I must say I love it, I am so glad that I did and didn't spend tons of money on multiple stands/etc. I love the comfortability and the ability to be mobile and pack in and out weight. I just got a new Trophyline Covert Lite, and have a Trophyline Ambush that I started with. Im located in Henrico VA. Would be more than willing to let you try them out, also I am looking to relocate my Ambush saddle to someone who will get more use out of it than myself.

Back