• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newbie Saddle Guy from North Alabama

dwh84

Any guys/gals from North Alabama area? I'm new to saddle hunting (tethrd setup on the way) and wanted to intro here. Thanks for all the info so far. This forum has provided enough already that I went all in on a saddle setup. A little about me...I hunted some as a teen with limited success but didn't have any family members or friends who hunted so I quickly gave up. Got married young and had kids soon after. I got back into hunting about 2 seasons ago and I think I have finally found the style of hunting that fits me. I love to hike in and I'm not afraid of an adventure. I hope to meet some other like-minded folks here and just maybe some that are close enough to go hunt with! See you around!

Welcome from North Alabama! There are quite a few of us in the area. @Kenbama and @Bama_Xander just to name a few. I'll be gone untill after Christmas, but you are welcome to join me around the first of the year on a hunt if you're ever interested. I am currently rocking a fleece DIY saddle until my trophyline gets here.

Whereabouts are you located? What land do you hunt? Wheeler, Bankhead, Skyline, out towards muscle shoals?

Welcome from North Alabama! There are quite a few of us in the area. @Kenbama and @Bama_Xander just to name a few. I'll be gone untill after Christmas, but you are welcome to join me around the first of the year on a hunt if you're ever interested. I am currently rocking a fleece DIY saddle until my trophyline gets here.

Whereabouts are you located? What land do you hunt? Wheeler, Bankhead, Skyline, out towards muscle shoals?
I hunt Skyline and Bankhead for public land, have access to Redstone Arsenal, and have a small piece of private family land near Skyline. I live in Huntsville.

Hey, isn’t saddle hunting illegal in Alabama?... ;)

Back