• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

scot520

First off im new to saddle hunting, have only shot with one in the backyard no hunts yet. I got the phantom saddle with two gear pouches and a predator platform.
what information im hoping to grab here is the small details that make you efficient and quiet. i'm using 4 shikar 20'' sticks with amstel daisy chains for climbing. So far I have used a gear tie in the rear of my saddle to get my platform up the tree and a gear tie on each side to carry sticks up the tree. I also have a bow rope in my right pouch for my longbow. I would love to see setups and am open to any suggestions on how to better my system. Thank you!

I am hunting public land in the mountains anywhere from 1-5 miles in. Did that last year with a lock on and sticks and it just wore me down.

Back