• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No cam bow

JASmith

SH Member
Anyone switch to a no cam bow? Why did you and why would someone want to? Just curious, was asked by a friend and knew someone on here could answer. Thanks in advance!

I’ve had my Mathews no cam HTR for about 5 years. It’s a great shooter for sure. Very accurate bow

The HTX was possibly the nicest bow I’ve ever shot. The shop owner, a lifelong Mathews guy said that if his draw length was shorter, it’d been the perfect bow.

I do not own one, however. Just my experience in shooting it. It would be something I may grab if I saw a barely used one for sale at a good price. It was that nice.

Anyone switch to a no cam bow? Why did you and why would someone want to? Just curious, was asked by a friend and knew someone on here could answer. Thanks in advance!
So my first bow after decades was a Chinese Hoyt Powermax, 90%letoff crappy draw cycle, it broke and can't get parts.

Bought a No Cam R and was blown away by the ease of the draw and how quite it is. The balance requires a back bar (limb saver) and the grip sucked ( shrewd). It's slow but I put 75 letoff and get some reasonable speeds. Really stable, relatively light, very forgiving after months of not shooting. The bus cables can rub on the cams though, so they have these plastic guards, biggest con IMO.

Conversely I've got an Elite Valor, also, and love it.

Back