• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Non saddle harvest

Gator

Sneakiest slyest buck I’ve ever seen sneaking through the woods. Mainframe 8pt with drop tine and G2 kicker. Drop tine was trying to split into 3 and he was trying to grow a G4 on one side.

00577d55e8b415fa43a226f4d2d1ca17.jpg

7870a44f2022403a36eae4a7c8ad5d52.jpg

f432b102ac0a7795189d31246cd2e3be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of how he looks here but it is where he is and will be for a while

081acb115090aa3b88a1bd184f6c16bc.jpg

Any tips to convince the wife to allow hanging trophy heads on the wall? Asking for a friend.... lol

Any tips to convince the wife to allow hanging trophy heads on the wall? Asking for a friend.... lol
Before I went to school for taxidermy nothing was hung in the house. One day I hung a euro mount and didnt tell my wife. It took 4 days till she noticed. Better to ask for forgiveness....just do it.

Last edited:
Before I went to school for taxidermy nothimg was hung in the house. One day I hung a euro mount and didnt tell my wife. It took 4 days till she noticed. Better to ask for forgiveness....just do it.
I haven’t been able to convince her to let me have one mounted yet. Maybe I’ll start quiet and subtitle. We have a hog head that the ants finished picking clean a week ago, I’m gonna boil it and hang it in the living room wall opposite of the TV and hope for the best. Knowing my wife, she will notice it right away and I’ll be throwing it in the trash by the nights end... :(

Fortunately I’ve never had to convince as they knew going in that I hunt and have heads on the wall, so they accepted their fate when they started dating me. Good luck

My wife loves eating venison. She even helps me skin and process our deer and hogs. But she absolutely refuses to let me mount trophy heads or even fish for that matter. She said a good outdoorsman doesn’t need trophies to convince people he’s good. She said a good one does like the natives and eats/utilizes what he kills. I tell her that’s crappy and a trophy deer or fish are memories. She said that’s why they invented a camera. That’s her rationalization. Then she got drunk on our anniversary and came clean. It’s truly because she thinks it looks tacky and doesn’t match our decor... she won’t let me have the camo recliner from bass pro either. Since she’s the only thing I love more than hunting and fishing, she ends up getting her way. I’m still contemplating his euro mount idea. Sneak it on the wall and hope for the best.

I haven’t been able to convince her to let me have one mounted yet. Maybe I’ll start quiet and subtitle. We have a hog head that the ants finished picking clean a week ago, I’m gonna boil it and hang it in the living room wall opposite of the TV and hope for the best. Knowing my wife, she will notice it right away and I’ll be throwing it in the trash by the nights end... :(
The turning point for me was after my wife saw what went into mounting a deer for a customer. Saw how much work/art went into it. Then she appreciated them.

Nice buck @Gator.

My wife never had the chance to say no to the mounts on the wall.
Man I wish. I make decent money as a utility worker especially when hurricane season rolls around but my wife is an SVP for a decent sized company. She’s the bread winner lol so she makes the rules. I tell people “Around my house I am the king!.... inside the house it’s a whole different story”. Lol

Back