• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Not a spiritual person but...

Travis9221

In 2020 my father died suddenly. This is the man that tought me to hunt fish and the out doors. Well he left me a some stuff behind with passing. So in his memory I bought 88 acres. On this land there is a large oak tree I fell in love with. I said this is the spot! I built a cross had a little gathering and on opening day of ky bow season 2020 we spread my father's ashs on my new farm under the big tree and placed his cross. Fast forward a year 2021 I have a deer showing up around my dad's tree. I said if i kill a deer it has to be this one it full velvet out of dad's tree or I'm not ending my season this early. In ky we only get one buck tag. I did not want to damage the tree and its to large for my straps on my climbing sticks so I leaned a ladder against it and said if its ment to be it will happen. Well it happened I climbed the ladder tethered in to a limber and just stode on another limb of top of my father's ashs he walked by at 20 yards I double lunged him. And watched him fall at 60. Like I said I'm not a spiritual person but idk what else to say my dad was with me and i will never forget that hunt. Tuesday we go see the taxadermist

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-084730.png
    Screenshot_20210906-084730.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_20210906-084642.png
    Screenshot_20210906-084642.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_20210906-084638.png
    Screenshot_20210906-084638.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
In 2020 my father died suddenly. This is the man that tought me to hunt fish and the out doors. Well he left me a some stuff behind with passing. So in his memory I bought 88 acres. On this land there is a large oak tree I fell in love with. I said this is the spot! I built a cross had a little gathering and on opening day of ky bow season 2020 we spread my father's ashs on my new farm under the big tree and placed his cross. Fast forward a year 2021 I have a deer showing up around my dad's tree. I said if i kill a deer it has to be this one it full velvet out of dad's tree or I'm not ending my season this early. In ky we only get one buck tag. I did not want to damage the tree and its to large for my straps on my climbing sticks so I leaned a ladder against it and said if its ment to be it will happen. Well it happened I climbed the ladder tethered in to a limber and just stode on another limb of top of my father's ashs he walked by at 20 yards I double lunged him. And watched him fall at 60. Like I said I'm not a spiritual person but idk what else to say my dad was with me and i will never forget that hunt. Tuesday we go see the taxadermist
That is awesome!

After every football game in high school my coach would lead us to one of the end zones, talk to us briefly about the game, and then encourage us to reflect on our ability to have the privilege to do what a lot of people either wouldn’t, or couldn’t, and to “pray for anybody who was injured during the game. And if you don’t pray, hope.”

You don’t need to believe in some religion to acknowledge the spiritual connectedness of our existence here. Its a bizarre ride and you happened to be able to find that connection in this moment, and you didn’t even need to eat mushrooms to get there. Good on you for recognizing that, making yourself vulnerable to the possibility, and honoring your father.

Thank you for sharing.

Back