• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Novix Mini Mods

shamus275

SH Member
So the mini’s have been out for a little bit and I know a bunch of you guys have them....what mods have you made to them? Stealth strips? Doublesteps? Amsteel? Aiders? Paint?

I’m about do all of the above but I’m stumped on an appropriate aider that can realistically get my short legs up to 16-18ft. Let’s see what you guys are doing!

I am about to start working on my idea of aiders that will work well. I will post up my results. My initial idea is something similar to a double versa aider, not exactly though!

24f8e26795d4137fd4e62fc0238b7d6e.jpg

Stealth stripped and rotating standoffs mod
3962b72e7732783d1d5a3937ee191a68.jpg

I like how these pack now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added some camo hockey tape and 18" cable aiders to mine. I'll get a picture when I get home

I have 2 sets, one set I put double steps on top and bottom and I’m gonna run a back woods mobile gear versa aider, the other set I’m leaving stock and I have a solo scout mounted on one of the sticks

Stealth strips, daisy chains and cable aiders for me. Never cared for aiders but these feel much more solid. They don't feel like they want to kick to the left or the right, they stay open and don't flap in the wind. I'm 5'6" and I'm getting to 18 feet without stretching. Really loving this setup so far.

Which cable aiders and daisy chains are preferred for these?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Stealth strips, daisy chains and cable aiders for me. Never cared for aiders but these feel much more solid. They don't feel like they want to kick to the left or the right, they stay open and don't flap in the wind. I'm 5'6" and I'm getting to 18 feet without stretching. Really loving this setup so far.
Good to know because we’re the same height!

I plan to stealth strip them and put double steps from @DanO. I will carry them like one of the options posted above. I could use 4 more double steps if anyone has extras...please pm me. Here are the aiders I made, now I need time to go outside and try them! First time using amsteel and first time making an aider. Step length came out perfect!57C46A93-2F04-46F9-8019-B09320E01F0A.png

I plan to stealth strip them and put double steps from @DanO. I will carry them like one of the options posted above. I could use 4 more double steps if anyone has extras...please pm me. Here are the aiders I made, now I need time to go outside and try them! First time using amsteel and first time making an aider. Step length came out perfect!View attachment 33027
I recommend putting hose or some sort of rubber tubing inside the foot area of your aiders to hold them open—would be awfully tough to slide a boot in there on the way down with no hands as-is. Also, you’ll want to put some sort of a protective sheath over the loop that fits over the top right step so the abrasive metal doesn’t cut through the aider when you step on it. Otherwise sounds like a great plan!

I recommend putting hose or some sort of rubber tubing inside the foot area of your aiders to hold them open—would be awfully tough to slide a boot in there on the way down with no hands as-is. Also, you’ll want to put some sort of a protective sheath over the loop that fits over the top right step so the abrasive metal doesn’t cut through the aider when you step on it. Otherwise sounds like a great plan!

These aiders will go up with me as I go, so I won’t have to worry about fishing my boot into them. That was something I wanted to make sure I didn’t have to worry about. Also the boot loop is like a Whoopie sling, so it tightens nicely on your boot. I may wrap the top right loop that goes on the step with something, not sure what yet. These are very reasonable to make so I will probably keep an eye on them and carry a spare set for emergencies. That’s the great thing about amsteel, it’s super lightweight! Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!!!

The price on the website, are these each or for a set of 4?

I am looking for some lighter sticks, It seems to be that a double step may be easier for me, any one else feel that way and find the single steps worked well for them after all?

Thanks
Dave

Set of 4. I added double steps from Eastern Woods Outdoors to the top of 3 sticks. I have 5 steps altogether. I use a 5 step aider on the bottom step and use the other sticks with the double steps as my top 2 steps .

Back