• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NutterBuster's Pocket Tether with Swiss Army knife improvements.

biggta5

My improvements on the pocket tether. I have found the sliding webbing slack holders reduce slippage in a slack moment. Really I haven’t had any slips after a slack moment but I haven’t run a full test period yet.

Sewed a yellow butt splice in the end of the webbing so it could not pull through the buckle if it ever came to that.

Attachments

• 66C9BF76-C804-4FA9-AA85-7282421B78A1.jpeg
    66C9BF76-C804-4FA9-AA85-7282421B78A1.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 182
Before I stopped using the COBRA buckle I though about the sliders DanO has for that but the little bar still bothers me!! But I guess as long as you have a backup it's all good.

That little bar is scary. That didn’t stop me from using it all season last year. By the end of the season I didn’t even back it up. I’m running oplux this season just to go back to my tether and linesman’s ropes being interchangeable.

That little bar is scary. That didn’t stop me from using it all season last year. By the end of the season I didn’t even back it up. I’m running oplux this season just to go back to my tether and linesman’s ropes being interchangeable.
Just finished my setup this way and convinced a buddy to do the same.

I wouldn't hang from that buckle. That's not what it's designed for.
I'm surprised none of the older members have responded about the safety.

I have never used it but the rating is higher than a lot of Prussic rope
18 kn. And 22 kn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have never used it but the rating is higher than a lot of Prussic rope
18 kn. And 22 kn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes. I have been looking into this further. Do you think you would ever see a rock climber hanging from this buckle? I don't know. It looks a lot smaller than a carabiner.

I still have one but quite using it. I have tried to get it to malfunction on ground level and can't so far. I really liked it but didn't really trust it with my life!!!

Last edited:
This is what I based my build off but I used the 1.5” buckle and 5500 lb webbing. I sewed the loop and sliding support bands

Attachments

• 691D5AAB-2798-4AB8-B451-78D82BA335B9.png
    691D5AAB-2798-4AB8-B451-78D82BA335B9.png
    957 KB · Views: 35
Back