• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Obsessed.

GeoFish

SH Member
To make a long story short. Seen the biggest deer I have ever seen while hunting. This was on November 12th. He was cutting across the back corner of a field at 8am. As I watched him go at 75 yards. I back tracked him and found this.Screenshot_20221112-101315_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Not enough snow to backtrack him far. Hunted the area the next four morning and scouted in the afternoon. East of his maybe bedding area. I found this Scrape and 100 yards later found this.Screenshot_20221115-132731_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221115-132336_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221205-151952_Gallery.jpg

Not that this has influenced your particular deer but I try to avoid getting in or right next to scrapes and avoid touching rubs to hopefully not alert that deer or others that use the rubs or scrapes that I am on to them. Prolly amounts to the same as not walking under a ladder lol. Good sign. Thought about hanging a camera to see whats in the area?

I was drawn for a 3 day ML hunt starting on the 18th. Set up on the edge of the field on the last day, the 20th, where I first saw Mr Big. At 7:30am a doe busted into the field and Mr Big was hot on her tail. Instead of the doe crossing the field, the B__ch turned right and went north 250 yards right down the middle of the field with Mr Big on her tail. I could of taken the shot, I don't like shooting at a running deer, so i watched him go. Plus their is always a chance he could come back around. Then at 8 a 10 point came out on the same trail, a easy 40 yard shot that I did not take. Yes I am obsessed with Mr Big. Only one buck tag in KY.
Going back on the 13th for the second rut. I don't have him nailed down, only a general area. I don't feel I should scout and leave too much scent. Just got to hope I can get lucky.

Last edited:
I was drawn for a 3 day ML hunt starting on the 18th. Set up on the edge of the field where I first saw Mr Big. At 7:30am a doe busted into the field and Mr Big was hot on her tail. Instead of the doe crossing the field, the B__ch turned right and went north 250 yards right down the middle of the field with Mr Big on her tail. I could of taken the shot, I don't like shooting at a running deer, so i watched him go. Plus their is always a chance he could come back around. Then at 8 a 10 point came out on the same trail, a easy 40 yard shot that I did not take. Yes I am obsessed with Mr Big. Only one buck tag in KY.
Going back on the 13th for the second rut. I don't have him nailed down, only a general area. I don't feel I should scout and leave too much scent. Just got to hope I can get lucky.
Rubber boots and dont fondle the flora.

Hunt your style man. It has obviously worked all these years for you or it wouldn't be your style. Good luck and let us know how you do. I am also very interested in if the buck has touched any of those rubs or scrapes since you touched them. I know where I hunt they would have dried up that night.

Hunt your style man. It has obviously worked all these years for you or it wouldn't be your style. Good luck and let us know how you do. I am also very interested in if the buck has touched any of those rubs or scrapes since you touched them. I know where I hunt they would have dried up that night.
If it was me I never touch any rubs or licking branches either but I just recently saw a video on yt, I think it was Jeff Sturgis, and he had a monster buck on trail cam hitting a rub and sniffing it all over just a couple of hours after he or his son had there hands all over it. Never say never when it comes to whitetails I guess.

If it was me I never touch any rubs or licking branches either but I just recently saw a video on yt, I think it was Jeff Sturgis, and he had a monster buck on trail cam hitting a rub and sniffing it all over just a couple of hours after he or his son had there hands all over it. Never say never when it comes to whitetails I guess.
Ya, who would expect a double drop tine would cross a open field Nov 12th at 8am!!
Deer don't read books

Back