• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oh this is sexy

onestringer

SH Member
Thanks @DanO. This thing is freaking sweet.

df00d57d74989b9dab79c6eac3b7a049.jpg

e5177a21099a70fa7dd60aff26ddd860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also looks like you mounted the cam cleat without the base plate?

I've basically got the same setup in the works, just curious how you ended up mounting stuff and if you would change anything?

I really like all the components from EWO. Quality stuff for sure

It also looks like you mounted the cam cleat without the base plate?

I've basically got the same setup in the works, just curious how you ended up mounting stuff and if you would change anything?

I really like all the components from EWO. Quality stuff for sure

The base plate is on the cam cleat, as far as mounting stuff, I am not follow you.

Why would you ever have quit lol

Well... on the rappel I used the wrong diameter rope for a prussic didn’t grab well and the tag end slipped out of my hand with no resistance on the ATC. Glad I was only like 5 ft off the ground...

I thought maybe this isn’t for me...

Now after seeing this stick with the cam cleat...

Maybe it is...

Well... on the rappel I used the wrong diameter rope for a prussic didn’t grab well and the tag end slipped out of my hand with no resistance on the ATC. Glad I was only like 5 ft off the ground...

I thought maybe this isn’t for me...

Now after seeing this stick with the cam cleat...

Maybe it is...

Try a madrock safeguard. That’s what I use along with an auto block.

Here's a picture of what I came up with. I figured I would add it to this thread because of the similarities.

It turned out pretty good. I used the Harken 150 with TRC. Everything was from DanO except the cam cleat.
8899c18836d2e4ba944884a06e2d9282.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Did you have him drill it for the cleat? I got the 15”

I had him drill the hole for the versa button. I didnt even ask for the hole to be drilled for my cleat. It was very simple to do and the cleat came with a template. I would recommend taping the cleat to the stick and drilling it that way or at least starting it so you get the perfect distance between the two holes. My stick is also the 15.

I made the hole in the back a little larger and that's how I secured my rope. I haven't tested it much but so far I haven't seen any damage. Time will tell...

The harken 150 is a little wider than the tube (see pictures) but not too much. The micro looks like it has a smaller footprint.
12e8408170208b8da302b21d3474a8ee.jpg

Last edited:
I had him drill the hole for the versa button. I didnt even ask for the hole to be drilled for my cleat. It was very simple to do and the cleat came with a template. I would recommend taping the cleat to the stick and drilling it that way or at least starting it so you get the perfect distance between the two holes. My stick is also the 15.

I made the hole in the back a little larger and that's how I secured my rope. I haven't tested it much but so far I haven't seen any damage. Time will tell...

The harken 150 is a little wider than the tube (see pictures) but not too much. The micro looks like it has a smaller footprint.
12e8408170208b8da302b21d3474a8ee.jpg
How did you secure the nuts for the cam cleat?

That’s a great question now that you bring it up. .

That was honestly the hardest part. I actually took a popsicle stick and had a piece of double stick tape on the end of it. I
placed the nut on the piece of tape and threaded it into the climbing stick and lined it up with the mounting hole. I was then able to get the bolt started. Once it was started I placed a small crescent wrench inside the stick and was able to capture the nut (after 10 minutes of fidgeting) once the wrench was secure on the nut I was able to tighten the bolt. The second one was easier but still tricky.

Back