• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Old lone wolf II hand climber mod?

jooleyen

I’m just getting into this whole game and saw some vids on DRT climbing... looks awesome for trees with limbs/crotch, but not sure about aspens and such with no limbs. So I figured since I need a platform anyways, I’d get a lone wolf hand climber and use it to climb smooth, limbless aspens and as my platform too- two birds with one stone. Stupid me didn’t realize this used old lone wolf climber I got is the old v shaped version made of metal - no traction belt. Is there any slick mods you guys know of or can think of to rig up a traction belt? I suppose it works as is, but if I’m climbing and the tree tapers with height, I have to bend down (while dangling from my harness) and unscrew the two thumb bolts (and probably drop them 20’ down in the process) take out the metal V, reposition it and screw it back together - very inconvenient and loud.

Here’s a pic

Attachments

• B16D4E67-8773-4879-96E5-0A695D547972.jpeg
    B16D4E67-8773-4879-96E5-0A695D547972.jpeg
    913.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks like I missed their business hours. Didn’t they used to make a conversion kit to add a traction belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back