• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One sticking/reppeling with sewn on webbing bridge

Jwiggins762

Anyone one stick or reppel with sewn on web bridge? Any cons to it? Or am I just worried for no reason?

Anyone one stick or reppel with sewn on web bridge? Any cons to it? Or am I just worried for no reason?
So I run an amsteel bridge on my Flex and found that I still wanted something closer for SRT and repelling. I ended up making two 6 inch locked brummel continuous loops and girth hitch them around the bridge loops which acts as an extension of the existing loops. I use a carabiner through both and hook up my grigri. Simple and close to my body. I can get a picture if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My webbing bridge is water knotted on and I have not had any problems using it for rappelling. My bridge is 23" and it is just about perfect for me. Plenty of clearance between the rappel device and the autoblock.

I have the sewn in adjustable webbing bridge from aero hunter on my kite. It’s great for srt and rappelling. Adjust it down (smaller bridge) with the tri-glide adjuster thingy to srt ascend. Then make it longer to sit, then a little longer still to rappel down. Can even cinch it up on the walk in to help hold up the saddle if I wear it that way.

I have the sewn in adjustable webbing bridge from aero hunter on my kite. It’s great for srt and rappelling. Adjust it down (smaller bridge) with the tri-glide adjuster thingy to srt ascend. Then make it longer to sit, then a little longer still to rappel down. Can even cinch it up on the walk in to help hold up the saddle if I wear it that way.

I'm ordering the flex tomorrow with the sewn on bridge, I figured it would be fine and even better than my mantis.

I went the utilibridge route with oplux on my recon for rappels.

Back