• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One Sticking with ESS made easy.

Jimdude

I just wanted to share my latest discovery with the ESS and one sticking. If you have had problems doing this because the lower panel drops to the back of your knees when you climb, try this. I’m a 34” waist. Tonight I decided to clip my carabiner through both D rings rather than to my bridge. It worked great! Kept the saddle tight enough that when I stood up to climb, the panels stayed put. If your a bigger waist and can’t connect the D rings, just make your bridge as short as possible.
Another thing I tried at the house to control the twisted up mess I typically have when I pull the ESS out of my tote was putting a carabiner through the linesman loops with the D rings in between. This keeps everything “mostly” together. Then I put another biner between the two vertical support straps while it was laying flat with both panels together. Nothing twisted up when I pulled it out.

Back