• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OOAL BOB

Look like the micro cleat on there, though it may just look small in comparison to the tube.

What's the price tag gonna say? Looks nice as all ooal stuff. But it doesn't have me itching to trade up ATM.

I haven't had a problem with my one stick setups not being tight enough to the tree. I don't see why it needs to cam over, but it's definitely a bit different and I'm sure some people will like it.

I don’t see the point of it unless it’s cheaper than the competition. I hate trying to hunt of a platform I can’t turn around on myself.

I like the idea, given the perceived demand.

It planted a question in my head though. Couldn't you just turn any camming platform with a post upside down to climb with, and accomplish the same thing? The top standoff acts as the bottom step for climbing. When you reach height, turn platform back over and cam.

Last edited:
The platform and standoff are 1 peice. Are you really going to try climbing with it folded up? That seems not so safe.
NO, once you climb up and step off the top after readjusting your tether, fold the top down to loosen the bite from the tree (will make releasing the stick lock a little easier too) as you don't have to reach over and under as much (as a static larger platform) to loosen the rope from the cam cleat. Move the stick up, reset slightly to your potential location, then swing back around to the front, again, less potentially obtrusive static platform sticking out and then reset and climb etc. Maybe I'm expecting too much from this from my first look at this product but I think there may be some potential there.

I haven't had a problem with my one stick setups not being tight enough to the tree. I don't see why it needs to cam over, but it's definitely a bit different and I'm sure some people will like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to see it in action. My initial thought was just that it would pack a little cleaner in my X2. But wouldn’t be worth it unless it really locks on much tighter than my EWO w/UP…which hasn’t been much of an issue for me up to this point.

NO, once you climb up and step off the top after readjusting your tether, fold the top down to loosen the bite from the tree (will make releasing the stick lock a little easier too) as you don't have to reach over and under as much (as a static larger platform) to loosen the rope from the cam cleat. Move the stick up, reset slightly to your potential location, then swing back around to the front, again, less potentially obtrusive static platform sticking out and then reset and climb etc. Maybe I'm expecting too much from this from my first look at this product but I think there may be some potential there.

I don’t see how it folding will be any less obtrusive to your shins when climbing. But who knows.. we will see when reviews come out.

If you cut the top half of that stick off, left the bottom step the same size (maybe a hair wider) and turn it into the cam style “platform”, and move the cam cleat down. Then you might have something.

Some of us are already attaching aiders to our cam style platforms and using them to climb “no stick” method. This just looks like a heavier option to what we’ve already been doing.

It may BLB (bite like beaver) but of what worlds is this the BOB?

It's a one stick.

Back