• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ooal scout or AOF mini platform

I have not tried the aof platform, but i did receive my angled scout for the sticktop in the mail today. I sat in it for about 3 hours and it was so comfortable. The angle was perfect for leaning and still having my feet flat and comfortable.

It's so light for what it is. Pic is staged for picture sake, im not climbing this tree

Screenshot_20200720-114233.png

I have not tried the aof platform, but i did receive my angled scout for the sticktop in the mail today. I sat in it for about 3 hours and it was so comfortable. The angle was perfect for leaning and still having my feet flat and comfortable.

It's so light for what it is. Pic is staged for picture sake, im not climbing this tree

View attachment 30607

I’ve been considering adding this to my EWO stick too. How is climbing with it? (Assuming you are 1 stick climbing). Also how does it handle side pressure? Any danger or feeling like the stick is gonna kick out or anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been considering adding this to my EWO stick too. How is climbing with it? (Assuming you are 1 stick climbing). Also how does it handle side pressure? Any danger or feeling like the stick is gonna kick out or anything like that?

The angled platform is 3½ wide and angled at a 30* down, so it isnt really large enough or intrusive enough to be in the way while single sticking. As far as side pressure goes I think that really depends more on your stick than the platform. With the ewo standoffs I don't really have an issue with kick-outs but I'm also very careful in how I place my weight. I will put for example my left foot on the side of the tree and my right foot in the middle of the platform if I need to go around the tree. The closer you step to the edge the more likely a kick out will be. It's not a problem with the platform it's a problem with the stick

You could also add a straight step on the backside of the scout, and use the second hole drilled on the scout for mounting your standoffs and have a little wider area on top if you wanted to as well.

You could also add a straight step on the backside of the scout, and use the second hole drilled on the scout for mounting your standoffs and have a little wider area on top if you wanted to as well.

Cool thanks for the feedback. That’s kinda what I was imagining the case would be with that kind of setup.

Back