• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opening day doe down

PastorKen

Bow season opened this morning in Ohio. I hiked back on public land and climbed a tree and got situated in the saddle. About 8:30 AM, four does came up about 10 yards away. They were at my 6 o’clock position. I sent a rage hypodermic through the big doe that was leading the group. There were 2 more does behind the first four. A quarter the deer using the gutless method and packed it out. What an awesome day! Thank you Lord! 82BA7D07-16DA-4E41-BA91-D5328A20362D.jpeg847CB42D-AA93-4346-ADD2-F5AABF279B71.jpeg6B35C8C5-D046-43D1-83F1-940DD043BE3F.jpeg

Way to go pastor Ken !!!!! Congrats...... I’m in Ohio and hunt public too. This is the first year I have been able to hunt the opener. I have found that every where I have went is soooo thick , finding it really hard to get a setup that I can get to. Thinking we need cold weather!!!! Awesome job!!!

Way to go pastor Ken !!!!! Congrats...... I’m in Ohio and hunt public too. This is the first year I have been able to hunt the opener. I have found that every where I have went is soooo thick , finding it really hard to get a setup that I can get to. Thinking we need cold weather!!!! Awesome job!!!
Yeah, it was pretty thick where I was. And I hung my saddle in a very small diameter tree. No way I could have put a metal stand on it. But the tree was in the right place.
It was funny because Just after shooting light, another hunter came stumbling up the hill making all kinds of noise. Then he clanged and banged his climber up a tree about 40 yards from me. I shined my light at him and whistled. (Learned later that he saw and heard me, but thought it was okay since we were shooting bows and not guns.) At the time I thought maybe he just didn’t see my light because it was so thick. Well, he got to watch (or at least hear) me take a doe!
We met and talked when he was coming out and I was going back in for my deer. Nice guy. Having killed a deer helped me like him. Lol!

Yeah, it was pretty thick where I was. And I hung my saddle in a very small diameter tree. No way I could have put a metal stand on it. But the tree was in the right place.
It was funny because Just after shooting light, another hunter came stumbling up the hill making all kinds of noise. Then he clanged and banged his climber up a tree about 40 yards from me. I shined my light at him and whistled. (Learned later that he saw and heard me, but thought it was okay since we were shooting bows and not guns.) At the time I thought maybe he just didn’t see my light because it was so thick. Well, he got to watch (or at least hear) me take a doe!
We met and talked when he was coming out and I was going back in for my deer. Nice guy. Having killed a deer helped me like him. Lol!
I must say wow.... I know we all have the same rights to be on public but if I see another truck in the area I just move on. Last year I found a really hot over looked spot. Took a nice nine pointer from there and seen other mature bucks in the area. Anyway I hunted it only a few times but have checked up on it the whole year. My target buck made it. Last year when I would come out the woods always seem to be someone sitting close to my truck watching......at first I thought it maybe ondr checking hunting permits. It wasn’t. They would sit in the truck and wait till I left then would pull out. I thought it was kinda creepy but looked like maybe they just had stopped to use the phone. Idk. Anyway I found out opening morning my lil honey hole is no longer my secret. It is small and out the way with no parking lot. Lesson learned I parked my truck on the side of the road last year close by. This year I’m making sure to park out of the way.

I must say wow.... I know we all have the same rights to be on public but if I see another truck in the area I just move on. Last year I found a really hot over looked spot. Took a nice nine pointer from there and seen other mature bucks in the area. Anyway I hunted it only a few times but have checked up on it the whole year. My target buck made it. Last year when I would come out the woods always seem to be someone sitting close to my truck watching......at first I thought it maybe ondr checking hunting permits. It wasn’t. They would sit in the truck and wait till I left then would pull out. I thought it was kinda creepy but looked like maybe they just had stopped to use the phone. Idk. Anyway I found out opening morning my lil honey hole is no longer my secret. It is small and out the way with no parking lot. Lesson learned I parked my truck on the side of the road last year close by. This year I’m making sure to park out of the way.

People can be such jerks. Sorry to hear all that hard work got screwed with. Watch day 59 of the Pinhoti Project (YouTube) to see an ethical public land hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back