• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opening day in Ky!!

Great bow. Loved mine gave it to my older brother for him to start out.
Yeah I liked it so much I have two one brown and one gray in the pic. I killed 4 deer so far with it and never picked my Matthew's back up again! Love traditional archery

In stand now 60 degrees awesome weather no deer yet!

That's not good! I'm hunting my property for now. I have 7 acres and 60 nextdoor I have permission to hunt on in Ky. The end of September I will hunt WV on 600 acres farm.

I lived up there for a while. I was still a normie non hunter at that time. I went to all the surrounding state parks and local hiking spots and would just walk around enjoy the outdoors. It is nothing like where I'm from and it was all new to me. Such a pretty state....and big deer all over the place! We had this herd of deer that lived on the hill behind our house that was county property (no trespassing) that would come down into the neighborhood in the evenings. My wife and I would watch the big bucks...they are way bigger than our Florida deer. Hopefully u are lucky this evening

I lived up there for a while. I was still a normie non hunter at that time. I went to all the surrounding state parks and local hiking spots and would just walk around enjoy the outdoors. It is nothing like where I'm from and it was all new to me. Such a pretty state....and big deer all over the place! We had this herd of deer that lived on the hill behind our house that was county property (no trespassing) that would come down into the neighborhood in the evenings. My wife and I would watch the big bucks...they are way bigger than our Florida deer. Hopefully u are lucky this evening
I lived in FL most of my life hunted WMA like green swamp/ cedar key and moved up here in 05 my friend has a family farm and it's awesome he actually moved back to FL now I hunt it.

I lived in FL most of my life hunted WMA like green swamp/ cedar key and moved up here in 05 my friend has a family farm and it's awesome he actually moved back to FL now I hunt it.
So u know first hand.....I didn't hunt while I lived there so I can only really guess but in my mind it would be much easier to hunt ky vs fl. I'm not trying to say something ignorant..."my states the hardest"...just ur honest opinion. I keep debating to make an out of state trip my main goal for a hunting season or if I should keep doing what I do now staying local and I like to hear what peeps who hunted both have to say

Last edited:
So u know first hand.....I didn't hunt while I lived there so I can only really guess but in my mind it would be much easier to hunt tn vs fl. I'm not trying to say something ignorant..."my states the hardest"...just ur honest opinion. I keep debating to make an out of state trip my main goal for a hunting season or if I should keep doing what I do now staying local and I like to hear what peeps who hunted both have to say
It's a lot easier to hunt deer in Ky than it was in Fl. I killed deer and hogs down there but worked my but off for them! I always tell people if take some one from here and put them in a swamp in FL they probably would quite hunting from the bugs heat and the amount of hunters.

Back