• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Opening night bobcat

Nice cat. I was lucky enough this bow season to get close to two bobcats. Beautiful animals. Congrats.

Forgive my ignorance, but there aren't many bobcats in my area (saw my first two ever this season, though)... Do folks eat bobcat, or are they hunted just for the fur/mount?

Forgive my ignorance, but there aren't many bobcats in my area (saw my first two ever this season, though)... Do folks eat bobcat, or are they hunted just for the fur/mount?

I blew the one chance I had so far to kill one but the folks who I have talked to who have eaten said it's delicious, supposedly like pork. I suspect most folks don't eat them though, which seems a shame.

Nice kitty OP!

I’ve been hunting for 27 years and I’ve only seen 2 bobcats, including the one I killed. I’ve had a few on camera. That doesn’t mean the population is low. I’ve only seen a handful of coyotes while hunting and we all know how many coyotes are around. They are creatures of the night.

I'll kill them on private land if the owner wants me to but I leave them alone on public....i had one under me for almost 30 minutes during archery season. They sure are cool animals. Scouting during the spring I saw one in a ditch as I was riding by on my bike. I turned around and we had a starring contest at roughly 60yds for easily 10 minutes. They are legal to harvest here but I try to take out the invasives over the native.....

Back