• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Oplux prussic

Cory K

I’m using oplux for my tether and currently I am using a duck Kong on it, if I wanted to use a prussic instead what should I use? And where would I get it? I’m still very new to this so apologies if this should be obvious

Nevermind I answered my own question

Talk to DanO at Eastern woods outdoors. He will have what you need and also steer you in the right direction. He set me up with 6mm trc and a distel hitch with a 3D printed tender. Haven’t played with it much but what little I did I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Talk to DanO at Eastern woods outdoors. He will have what you need and also steer you in the right direction. He set me up with 6mm trc and a distel hitch with a 3D printed tender. Haven’t played with it much but what little I did I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This ^^^

The prussic will lock down once you load it...it will not be easy to move up. Use a distel or schwabisch hitch with a tender and you'll be set.

I have the oplux tether, bridge, lineman's belt and 52 feet of it as my rappel rope.

Same here. Got 6mm TRC from DanO and tied a distel. I use a mini figure 8, also from DanO, for a tender.

0ff6ddf4e37b73f92d6c88ada39e42da.jpg

I’ve been using Beal Kevlar 5.5 Cordelette from EWO. It’s the same material as the Beal Jammy. Using it with the 3D printed tender and it works great with a distel or schwabisch hitch.

@ Judd1980 "I’ve been using Beal Kevlar 5.5 Cordelette from EWO. It’s the same material as the Beal Jammy."

Do you know the minimal breaking strength of the 5.5 cord? The Jammy is 22KN witch is just below the the thresh hold for life support and in a doubled configuration. I like the Idea, but not sure the strength is sufficient for safe climbing unless you have professionally sewn eye to eye in each end. If you tie your own the knot will decrease strength by 40%. Beal Jammy is sewn closed loop. I think I would opt for the 6 mm TRC as I would well be within ANSI standards for arborists.

@ Judd1980 "I’ve been using Beal Kevlar 5.5 Cordelette from EWO. It’s the same material as the Beal Jammy."

Do you know the minimal breaking strength of the 5.5 cord? The Jammy is 22KN witch is just below the the thresh hold for life support and in a doubled configuration. I like the Idea, but not sure the strength is sufficient for safe climbing unless you have professionally sewn eye to eye in each end. If you tie your own the knot will decrease strength by 40%. Beal Jammy is sewn closed loop. I think I would opt for the 6 mm TRC as I would well be within ANSI standards for arborists.

It’s the same material that the Beal jammy is made from.

I believe his point is that tying your own knot will decrease the strength quite dramatically.

Ah, for some reason the whole reply didn’t show up for me or I was distracted and didn’t read it. Glad I just did. A lot of guys buy the Beal jammy and cut it to create a distel or schwabisch hitch. That’s the reason I bought it originally. Sounds like I need to reconsider.

Maybe someone can help educate me.

If TRC has an MBS of 3484 (15.5 in) and Beal 5.5 has an MBS of 4046 (1800 daN), isn’t the Beal stronger? I understanding losing strength with knots. I made the assumption people are tying knots with the TRC as well. Clearly I have some learning to do. Thankful for these forums with people more knowledgeable than myself!

Maybe someone can help educate me.

If TRC has an MBS of 3484 (15.5 in) and Beal 5.5 has an MBS of 4046 (1800 daN), isn’t the Beal stronger? I understanding losing strength with knots. I made the assumption people are tying knots with the TRC as well. Clearly I have some learning to do. Thankful for these forums with people more knowledgeable than myself!

Yes, Beal Cordelette is stronger.

I own and have used both on my OpLux tether and LB. I prefer the TRC but they both work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back