• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Outgrew my Mantis

willfred219

Due to my wife’s good cooking my Mantis is now to tight. I used it for a few sits last year and liked it. Anyone know of a safe way to “expand” the waistline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longer bridge may help ease hip pinch and help relieve some pressure on your sides/thighs.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

If you outgrew it in a year I am guessing either your wife's food is incredible, or you might have been undersized to begin with. So, I agree a trade might be in your best interest. Unless maybe someone shortened the belt on your Mantis before you owned it or something...

DIET

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Keep the wife, trade the saddle. Remember long term investment!

The saddle game is all about finding the right fit, so maybe now you have a reason to get a new saddle. I personally would not alter any core materials in the saddle, adding loops or webbing is one thing, but for new hunters, I say its a good time to test out other model that fit better. Then blame the wife for you needing a new saddle because of her!

All joking aside, diet, its harder but its better for you. Your health is more important that the saddle.

Scout more! i always lose about ten lbs this time of year finding new public land spots. usually dont have to much more to lose after that. Mantis never fit me anyway.

Back